Chapter Seven: Inferno Vivente

CIAO!!

*Italian emojis with pasta*

LOL. Hope you're enjoying the story so far!! <3

Please take the time to vote and leave a zillion comments if you want more! It helps the story rate on Wattpad and helps my career! <3

            The next few days rolled by slow as molasses. After yet another week of harrowing online classes, TGIF had never felt this good.

With no new texts from Lucius, I'd been easier to push any memory of that kiss from my brain.

I anxiously awaited the grand reunion with me and my besties tonight. The girls felt terrible that I couldn't make it to Bora Bora and planned some silly tropical themed slumber party. Since I'd hardly exchanged two sentences with my father the entire week, I didn't think he'd mind me going out clubbing with them, either.

Since he'd left to drop Mia off at my aunts, that gave me time to grab a garment back I kept in our laundry room for my dress so it wouldn't get anything on it in my bag.

As I slipped on my robe over my pajamas, my phone chimed on my desk. I practically growled as I read the contact's name on my screen. And the text made me even more feral.

Lucifer: Miss me?

I shook my head at my phone. "Not at all, idiot."

Right as I clicked off my screen, my phone vibrated in my palm.

Lucifer: It was terrible for me too.

He was talking about the kiss in his car. I paced my carpeted bedroom a few times, chewing on my nail, before deciding to text him back.

Me: Little bit of a delayed reaction. Too many punches to the face in prison?

Lucifer: Never been to prison, but I'll take your assumption as a compliment. I like the idea that I intimidate you.

Me: Whatever inflates your ego.

Lucifer: Is this you and your grandmother in the photo by the stairs? Cute.

Frowning, I set my phone down, my head turning toward my bedroom door. Tightening my robe, I threw open my door and went out into the hallway, my heart picking up a notch. Lucius was standing at the bottom of the stairs, eating one of my banana muffins. I'd made them from scratch a few days ago and now he was munching on one of the last ones.

"Lucius, what are the fuck are you doing in my house? And that's my muffin!"

"Oops." As if concerned I'd take the muffin away, he polished off the rest in one bite, before sliding up the sleeve of his suit jacket and checking his watch. "Your father was supposed to meet me, but I got stuck in traffic and haven't been able to reach his cell. Any idea where he is?"

"You just missed him. He went out with Mia and our nanny, Gemma, but I don't know where they went or when they're coming back."

"Sounds like you're real close with your family," Lucius said sarcastically.

"No thanks to you." The truth was, my father and I hadn't been close for a while. Not since Mom left. But he didn't have to know that and I'd take any opportunity to make him feel guilty.

"Alright, well I guess I'll wait around for him. Get the grade back yet?"

"Why do you keep bringing my grade up? It's not like you actually give a shit."