chapter 7

"i promise, love

"i promise, love."

belle's pov!

i turned one last time and met chaos' saddened face. his ears drooped down a bit and i sighed feeling a bit guilty.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry. i have to leave for work in the cafe... it'll only be for a few hours. i'll come back soon. i promise, love.", i said, bending down to give the cat a kiss on the top of his head.

loki's heart went boom boom all of a sudden.

he was still deciding if it was the word 'love' or the kiss between his ears that made his tiny heart act like this.

seemingly that has lifted his mood visibly, i booped his pink nose softly. "silly little cat. bye bye, chaos.", i said before opening my door and walking out, not forgetting to lock the door behind me.

here's to another 8 hours of work, yay me.

loki's/chaos' pov!

i shifted out of my cat form and stretched my hands above my head, as a moan escaped my lips.

being a cat was exhausting.

still it had its own perks.

with that girl gone, i can finally return to my original state.

i sauntered to her living room, and approached the bookshelves there interested.

you can only do so much in cat form, the ability to read a book is a perilous task.

my eyes skimmed through the words on the spine, and my fingers trailed over the books, slowly choosing which to start with.

"this can be an invasion of privacy.", i mumbled to myself suddenly realising that i was burying myself into another's belongings.

but she wouldn't mind, right?

who says she needs to know anyways?

so after a few seconds of contemplation, i pulled out the book pride and prejudice, which i had seen her return this morning after reading it all night for her assignment.

"let's really see if this book is as good as she made it seem.", i mumbled taking a seat on her soft light brown couch.

i blinked my eyes twice or thrice, as i turned over the last page of the book. it was surprisingly enjoyable, even if romance wasn't a genre i am fond of reading at most times.

and it's only been....3 hours?!

oh for crying out loud.

i placed the book back where i found it. i continued to skim the titles until my eyes landed on something very different from what i had intended to look for.

there sitting on the second shelf, was a picture of her a few years younger i assume, seemingly in a field surrounded with various colored flowers, on a summer afternoon.

her head was thrown back, and her mouth was opened slightly in what i can figure out is laughter. her eyes were closed in ecstasy, and her dark hair was dancing in the wind. she was wearing a simple white flowy dress, and it made her look so....

...enchanting,

....and oh so breathtakingly beautiful.

i lifted the frame up for a better look and noticed a few lines of scribbled handwriting in ink on the back.

'there's always been that fire in your eyes, and within that little smile of yours, peace blooms ever so lovingly. stay happy, my sweet belle. your mother and i love you more than even we can bear to say.'

i slowly put the frame back down, smiling softly at the genuine words etched. the love of a father to his daughter is truly undefeated.

besides, he was right. her smile was extraordinary.

and then i laughed at myself, at my thoughts.

despite my denial, i find that there is truth i so begrudgingly find hard to admit.

that smile of hers is that kind of smile,

the kind of smile that would be so cruel not to kiss.

author's note:

i hesitated, thinking that maybe i made loki too soft too soon.
i hope i didn't.
but we all do love some fluff sometimes-

anyways i had quite a tiring day today. 
i hope your day is going better than mine <33