chapter 22

"one day, if it's possible maybe i'll take you there

"one day, if it's possible maybe i'll take you there."

belle's pov!

"wake up, lazy.", i heard someone say, accompanied by a sudden stream of light flooding out from the pulled curtains.

"no!", i murmured pulling my blankets over my head.

"belle, it's saturday. you have work, remember.", the velvety voice sounded so done with me.

"ah, i don't want to go to work.", still in mid-consciousness.

my blankets got ripped off me and i shot up startled.

"great, now you're awake.", he said smirking, making me want to throw a pillow at his face.

and a few seconds later, a pillow came flying at his face.

he stared at the pillow so very offended and looked back up at me.

he tackled me and tickled me.

"LOKI!", i screamed in uncontrollable laughter.

"say you won't do that again.", he said himself smiling, enjoying this.

"okay, okay, please! i won't do it again.", i said tears of laughter in the corner of my eyes.

only then did he stop and i glared at him jokingly.

"don't tickle me ever again.", i said stepping away from the bed.

"don't give me a reason then, dear belle.", he said, making me shake my head at him.

"stop with the nicknames, loki.", i said close to a whine.

he flashed a charming grin, "never."

that afternoon, after work, i decided to make loki watch a few movies with me.

while introducing pizza to him.

and soda.

"no wonder you midgardians don't have long lives.", he said his mouth twisted up in disgust after drinking the soda.

"well, okay i'll let you have that.", i said remembering the sugar levels in that thing.

"this drink just burned my throat.", he said putting it away.

i took a swig of the cola, and he stared at me like i was crazy.

that's when i started coughing embarrassingly.

"yeah i think i won't touch any soda bottles for the next month.", i said once i recovered.

"but i promise you're going to love the pizza.", i said handing him a slice of pepperoni pizza.

he eyed the sloppy triangle-shaped thing weirdly.

boy is he picky.

i took a slice for myself and started eating while scrolling through our movie choices.

"this is amazing.", he commented after 3 bites. i smiled victoriously.

"any movies that seem interesting to you?", i asked as he stared at the tv screen, skimming the titles.

"what's beauty and the beast?", he asked and i smiled.

"it's an old fairytale remake. we'll watch it.", i said tapping play. and leaning into the sofa, grabbing another slice of pizza.

20 minutes into the movie, loki commented, "her name's belle, just like you."

"i've gotten those comments a lot."

"if i'm not wrong, i believe belle means beauty in....french?", he said, making me slightly flustered.

"yes. my parents were fans of this show.", i laughed.

"plus my dad is part french, which is why my name is originally belle caron. they just changed my last name from the french origin to an american adaptation, when we moved in to new york. making it cartwright. i like both the same."

"ah i see.", he said pausing before continuing, "so you speak and understand french?"

"ouais je peux. malgré mon éducation aux États-Unis, mon père s'est toujours assuré que je l'apprenne. c'est parfois devenu un langage secret entre nous et maman."

("yeah, i can. despite raising me in america, my father still made sure i learned it. it's become a secret language between us and mom sometimes.")

he looked impressed that i answered in full french.

"je n'aurais pas dû douter de toi.", he said, catching me off guard.

("i shouldn't have doubted you.")

"allspeak, it allows asgardians to speak and understand any language.", he replied before i could even ask.

i nodded and turned back to the screen, him following my suit. we watched together silently, occasionally commenting and laughing on funny parts.

"the library in the palace back home, is much bigger than that.", he said seeing beast's library.

i didn't fail to notice the slip were he called asgard home.

"i'd love to see it someday."

"one day, if it's possible maybe i'll take you there.", he said making me spark with excitement.

we enjoyed it alot, and the kiss scene was so awkward, we decided to just laugh it off. all in all, this afternoon was so relaxing.

and i couldn't have felt more at peace than this.

author's note:

WE REACHED 1K??? WHAAT-

thank you so much for having read this story! and to be able to reach 1k wow, i wouldn't think i'd reach it in a 3 weeks but you all made it happen and my sincerest thank you's from the bottom of my heart truly <33 

(edit: SORRY 1.1 K*, while i was editing this, it reached 1.1- y'all are crazy mad, thank you, ily.)