chapter 13

"i despise mondays

"i despise mondays."

belle's pov!

"belle, he's back.", cole said in a quiet tone as he passed by me.

"who?"

"dirty blonde, blue eyes, not so tall. you know who.", he said, rolling his eyes.

"he can't get the hint huh."

"you want me to take his order or you wanna?"

"nah i got this one."

i walked to the table with a forced smile plastered to my face.

"hello, what can i get you, kyle?", i said nicely.

"belle, hi. um actually when is your next break going to be? i wanted to talk to you.", he said, making my smile falter a bit.

he can't be serious. not this again.

"sorry, that's in an hour. i suggest you order something or aunt liza might not appreciate you being here.", i said stiffly.

"belle-"

"kyle, i'm serious. i told you my answer, now do you want to order something or leave this wonderful afternoon?"

"i'll have a black coffee. the usual.", he said his lips pressed together.

"great. cole will deliver it to you soon.", i said, starting to turn away.

he grabbed my hand before i could walk back and i mentally sighed.

"can we talk later, please?", he said without me turning to face him again.

"i- fine, kyle. now would you please let me go."

he let go of his grip and i stomped back behind the counter.

"he wants a black coffee, you're delivering it.", i informed cole dryly.

"do i need to give him a warning?"

"nope, just make the coffee a little more bitter today."

he chuckled and nodded.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw another customer walk in.

he was wearing a full black suit covered with a dark green cloak, and his raven hair fell beside his pale face, green-blue eyes twinkling with mischief.

i blinked twice.

those eyes look familiar.

"hey belle, what, are you waiting for him to call you? go get his order gosh dang it.", cole said, elbowing my side.

"i- uh- boy, do i hate you cole.", i said, giving him a teasing shove on the arm before walking up to the man's direction.

i heard him let out a faint yelp, and something about almost spilling too much sugar.