chapter 25

"my love for tigger and pooh and his honey is undefeatable

"my love for tigger and pooh and his honey is undefeatable."

belle's pov!

"hey lok- oh wow.", i whispered the last two words to myself, a flare of crimson blooming on my cheeks.

not from the cold i have just experienced a few minutes ago, but from the sight i am greeted by.

he was wearing one of my oversized button-ups.

which by the way, when did he think that was okay to do? when was stealing from my wardrobe approved by me-

he looks so good though.

gah belle! get it together. remember? fRiEnDs.

"hello, back from work so fast?", he said as i hung my coat and scarf on the hanger.

"what? you want me to be there longer?", i said with a laugh.

"maybe."

"being your friend really means i have to put up with offensive comments.", i kicked off my brown boots and leaned them nicely behind the door.

"while you were gone, i've successfully made tea.", he said, raising the mug on the table.

"congrats! please tell me you didn't burn down my kitchen."

"...do you have that little lack of trust in me.", he said jokingly.

i paused for awhile choosing the right words, realising that it could mean something else if i didn't word it carefully.

"with issues to do with fire? i don't. one, because firefighters are gonna storm my apartment. and two, because it's even more important to me that i don't want you hurting yourself in the process."

the look on his face was one of confusion and suspicion. i got him off-guard. i raised my eyebrows at his expression.

was it something i said? i just didn't want him to hurt himself on accident with fire..

i didn't hear a single word come out of his mouth after that as i made my way to the bathroom.

during my shower, i took notice of how some of my soap and shampoo bottles have changed positions slightly.

i should've expected him to take a shower, but it made me double check if my bathroom was filled with personal things i'd love him not to see.

to my relief, nothing personal was lying around, thank goodness for the past me who wasn't being lazy.

i got into beige winnie-the-pooh patterned pajama pants and a black crew neck sweater, and received a raised eyebrow from loki when i entered my living room.

"what?", i asked as he stared at my pants.

"nothing."

"yeah sure, just so you know my love for tigger and pooh and his honey is undefeatable.", i defended myself from his silent judgement.

"alright.", he said amused.

while making myself a simple ham toast, i remembered a question i never got to ask.

"by the way, you went through my wardrobe, didn't you?", i said, internally slapping myself for making the question sound so wrong.

"let me rephrase that. why did you steal one of my shirts?", i repeated myself, making him laugh.

"not funny, loki."

"apologies, it was quite entertaining, your....choice of words.", he said as i placed the fried ham onto the piece of bread.

"loki-"

"but i did, i hope you don't mind. in all honesty, i'd rather not overuse my limited magic to conjure some clothes.", he said sheepishly.

no i do mind, especially when my own clothes look better on you than they do on me.

that's the highest form of betrayal any clothing can reach.

"it's okay. maybe i can get you and me to go visit the mall some time to get some clothes for you.", i said, biting off the now fully made toast.

he just smiled appreciatively at that.

i washed my hands after not so discreetly licking the crumbs of the remains of my toast off my fingers, and dried my hands off with a towel.

"well, i gotta go to class now."

17 minutes into the lesson, i was surprised to hear the silent click of my door opening, and a tiny chaos sitting on my window sill, watching me.

turning my camera off using the excuse of going to the toilet, i turned around and stared at loki questioningly.

"don't take this the wrong way, but what do you think you're doing?", i asked as chaos made his way to the edge of my bed.

a green glow encased chaos's black fur and in his initial place, loki sat there smiling at me innocently.

"i got bored, so i came to watch you instead.", he answered simply.

"okay, stay out of sight and read...this.", i said tossing the book, love and gelato, which he caught pretty easily.

"i'm sorry, it's another romance book."

"i suppose i'll see if it's as good or not.", he said, moving from the edge of my bed to near my pillows.

now sitting, his back leaning on my pillows and his long feet resting under the blanket.

well i guess now he's out of the camera's sight.

i continued the lesson, sneaking small glances off the screen to see what loki's doing.

sometimes i'll catch him casually flipping through the pages, and other times he'll look up and see me staring, at that i had to avert my gaze to the window next to my bed swiftly.

he'd just send a small smile my way and other times he'd send small comments like, "are you really still staring at me?"

and i'd whisper back quips like, "shut up, i'm making sure you're not doing anything weird."

he'd laugh at that.

i did math homework during history, having already mastered history, and i know i know it's wrong but time is expensive.

he'd literally chuckle at my antics and i would flood out excuses, and then win the debate at the end.

i always do.

author's note:

helloooo, i'm updating quite early in the morning from where i'm from!
and boy did i miss updating on here- 

small update that none of you probably wanted to know:
i finished one of my projects and i've been a bit more productive! i've been getting sleep too, which surprise :D

i hope you all have a good day/night! (depending whenever you see this)

thanks for your patience in waiting for me <3, that's all for now, byee. 

(btW I FORGOT TO MENTION HOW WE'VE REACHED 2K READS?? this feels so surreal-)