chapter 19

"do you want some tea?"

belle's pov!

it was the end of dusk, and dawn began itself as i heaved a long sigh.

my eyes didn't see to want to stay shut for long either, as it opened sleepily.

i clasped my hand over my mouth, covering a tired yawn that escaped from it, as to be expected.

"it's way too early.", i mumbled as i squinted my eyes at the phone screen's brightness.

i shut my phone off and slumped back into the couch, pulling the blankets to me again.

i straightened out my legs only to hit something.

i expected to hear chaos hissing at me, but instead i heard a manly groan.

i shot up, my heart racing fast as my eyes drifted down my legs to someone else sleeping on the other side of the couch.

my eyes widened as i recognized the man.

holy cheese.

what was kasper doing here on my couch, in my living room, sleeping peacefully as if any of this was not out of place, at 4 am in the morning?

as if on cue, kasper's green eyes fluttered open and hazily met mine.

those green eyes..

chaos has those eyes...

wait, chaos HAS those eyes.

i strained my eyes and slowly looked around and tried my best to keep my mind at bay, but when i didn't see any sign of the black little cat, my suspicions just grew.

i turned back at him and shot a questioning look.

up to now, he looked so relaxed until he noticed his hand, staring at it in shock. he looked at me eyes wide, and i did my best to keep calm.

that's when it hit me.

why i could recognize kasper from somewhere else,

why their green-blue eyes seem familiar,

why thor was so protective about him,

why the avengers suddenly had a cat out of the blue-

"don't call them.", he said slowly in a raspy, low voice. i hadn't realised i've been gripping my phone tightly on my left hand.

he figured out, that i've pieced it together by now.

his words seem not only as a plead but also a small threat laced in the way he said it.

i let out a soft huff and placed my phone gently on the table.

"you're not kasper, you're not chaos, you've been loki, all along yes?", i said softly after awhile of staring at him.

"yes, i am, mortal.", he spat out coldly, making me flinch at the tone.

he seemed to notice it too.

"it's way too early to deal with this right now.", i said closing my eyes tiredly.

when he didn't say anything, i internally groaned. i got up, planning to get something to drink.

still recovering from that headrush, i blinked a few times before looking at loki who was watching me.

"do you want some tea?"

my words seem to hit him and me at the same time.

his eyebrows raising, and my brows furrowing at the same time.

i slowly processed what i just said, and bit my lip nervously.

he still seemed in disbelief of what i said, until he replied in a softer tone than before, "yes, um that would be very kind of you to, belle."

author's note:

this chapter's as short as my patience today...

but anyways, loki got caught so now the story can finally step into a different light :D