chapter 11

"they almost seemed golden

"they almost seemed golden.."

loki's/chaos' pov!

"chaos! you...shouldn't...run off...like that. you scared me..to death.", she said panting as she caught up to me.

a few minutes after we arrived at the park, i decided maybe i'll mess around with her a bit.

i saw the perfect opportunity and impulsively jumped out of her arms and took off.

what? mischief is my thing after all.

i wouldn't have to think that twice.

"i hate that i can never truly hate anyone, especially not you.", she huffed looking at me. i just meowed cheekily.

she shook her head laughing as we both made our way to a nearby bench.

she sat down on the bench, lifting her legs on to the seat with ease, taking up the whole bench. she opened her arms invitingly, and i jumped and sat on her lap.

she seemed deep in thought for a few minutes before smiling lightly.

"you know, just the other day, there was this six year old girl in the cafe and she started talking to me. she talked about herself, her family, and pretty much anything she sees. and that made me think you know."

"it made me think, sometimes in life, you get too caught up in our schedules and all, we don't actually take time to just pause."

"we don't appreciate the little things, the things that truly matter in life.", she treaded lightly, as her hair blew in the evening wind ever so slightly.

"think about it. the small moments like,

waking up super early. it's that quiet, mysterious atmosphere. the world is sleeping and it's so peaceful.

the book you're reading. the feeling of the pages against your fingers, the smell of the book, the feeling of closure once you turn that last page.

it's all so utterly beautiful.", she mumbled.

i purred slowly in agreement.

silently to myself, i added another example.

which is this moment right now.

us sitting on a plain bench, in the park, under leaves whose colors are changing due to the autumn season, the soft whispers of the wind caressing our faces, and the labored breathing of her and me after our exciting chase.

it was all truly lovely.

despite being in this cat form.

i turned my head from looking at the trees in the distance to upwards, expecting to stare at the darkening sky, only to meet her gaze.

her brown eyes sparkled and it made me think of the stars. oddly enough, the stars seemed like nothing compared to her honey-like eyes.

they almost seemed golden at one point..

though i like to believe it was my mind making that up.

she smiled down at me softly and whispered, "we'll stay for 10 more minutes, if that's okay with you, yeah?"

yeah.

author's note:

shoutout to the people who have voted on my story! 
you haven't the slightest idea how shocked i was to wake up to 12 notifs from this app