chapter 12

"did you just mock me?"

belle's pov!

when we got home, i took a warm shower right away. i got into pj's, and that was when i saw chaos sprawled upon the floor near the tv.

"hey chaos, what do you say about a bath?", i said smiling only to receive a hiss that definitely indicated no.

"please, chaos?? you were running in the park and all. and while i care for you with my whole heart, you seriously need a bath.", i said, receiving a still disagreeing expression on his face.

i pouted and that was when an idea popped up in my mind.

"i mean we were supposed to cuddle in my bed, while watching a movie, surrounded with blankets together, after your nice bath. but i guess you don't want that, hm?"

long story short, chaos gave in, half heartedly, and the bath went well.

there was no fuss whatsoever.

until i pulled out the hairdryer.

i had a few accidental scratches all over my arms. they were small, and barely noticeable.

chaos felt bad and licked the scratches at one point, until i shook him off and said it was fine.

we decided lady and the tramp was a good idea, and that was what we watched at the end of the night, covered in blankets and huddling in front of the laptop on my bed.

i must've, no i definitely fell asleep in the middle of the movie.

and it was weird you know, because in my sleeping state, i thought i could feel arms wrapping around me briefly.

it was probably just a dream.

yeah, just a dream.

all that led me to now. i am on the bed with chaos beside me, and the blanket was tucked over my shoulders.

i realised that my laptop is on my desk, charging. and it was closed too...

when did i happen to do that?

it's another sense of dejavu. i know i've been here before, like yesterday.

i woke up in bed, barely remembering anything, just to find out i finished my assignment and turned it in on time.

had i really been so tired to not remember any details?

there's small little bits of weirdness going around too, how my wardrobe had new stuff in it, that i'm so sure i've never seen before.

and how the litter box was never dirty–

chaos headbutting my side broke me out of my thinking.

"morning chaos.", i said softly, stroking his small head.

"meow.", he replied, nuzzling his head on my palm.

"i'm free for today.", i said, smiling slightly.

i plopped back unto my bed, my head hitting the pillow. mmm the pillow's so cold.

"maybe i can sleep for the rest of the day.", i said murmuring.

i heard chaos yowling mockingly at my statement.

"what? did you just mock me?? why how dare you!", i gasped dramatically, sitting up on the bed.

i shifted a bit and peeked my head over the bed.

"i'm not cuddling with you today.", i huffed, making him look at me in protest.

he meowed at me and i just shook my head stubbornly.

"no, not today buddy. i'm gonna sleep now for 5 more minutes, or 20.", i said, turning over to the side, pulling the blanket over my head.

soon, my bed dipped a bit and i felt a furry head rubbing my back urging me to turn around.

i let out a low hum and turned around. chaos nuzzled my hand softly. he then turned to look at me in the eyes and blinked slowly.

i've read enough articles to know that means the cat's apologizing.

"ah ah i know what you're doing. i forgive you but let me sleep for a while more.", i said slowly.

he purred in response.

that's all we did that sunday, me cuddling with him.

author's note:

i'll say it now, this chapter is immensely confusing
but i also didn't want her completely oblivious-

also this morning i had a few minutes of anxiety due to having to speak in front of my friends, scared the flip out of me. i ended up talking pretty fast it ended up as rapping.. :D