chapter 29

"golden screams

"golden screams."

third person pov!

(or also known as the author's pov, or reader's pov, yes we're apart of the story too)

screaming, that's all she wants to do today. scream her lungs out, scream till her voice can't take it anymore, scream.

she felt like screaming in the morning, but was not able to do that unless she wanted loki to know.

she felt like screaming all throughout my way to work, but she hated to scare the nice puppies and older couples who had originally intended to go for a nice morning.

she felt like screaming in the cafe during work hours, but she really doesn't want cole noticing how drastic her mental health is right now. especially when he already had suspicions and asked about the bags under her eyes, to which she replied nonchalantly that she couldn't sleep the night before.

when in reality, loki and her had stayed at the park till 4 a.m. they stayed a while longer, silly dancing in the cold dark. belle is edging closer and closer to not being able to keep her feelings unsaid anymore.

she felt like screaming as she walked back from the cafe, walking in the direction of her apartment.

where she used to be so excited to go back home, this time she dreaded ever coming back. knowing well instead of the classes she usually prepares for, she will be taking the day off to walk back loki and herself to the tower today, where they'll probably part forever.

only terror awaits her this time, and she is terribly terrified.

she didn't want to lose him, as selfish as that sounds. he's someone she trusts her life with now, and heavens know she will give away her own soul for him. she's falling so madly in love, and she also knows she's so very screwed for it.

she hates herself upon the revelation she found out last night, that they were never truly friends, they were much more than that.

at least, she thinks she saw him as more, that she always had.

we all know that the both of them saw each other in a different way, but the both of them are too stubborn to even admit it themselves, how else are they to realise the other shared the same feeling?

and out of everything, she knew she was not supposed to feel the way she had in the first place.

she and he are not ready, the both of them aren't. they aren't ready for something more than just friends. being friends was already a risk they're taking, a big one that they know won't last forever.

upon maybe five more miles to her apartment block, belle stopped and took a turn.

that girl ended up at the park, a deeper part of it, as she had ran all the way there.

she looked up at the perfectly blue sky and sighed.

she screamed at her.

she screamed at the sky.

she screamed all her unsaid confessions and frustrations to her.

she screamed at her until she felt fine, and in the end she closed my eyes, and said aloud in a defeated tone, "i'm sorry sky, but you and i know i had to let that out."

"thank you for listening to the things i can't say to him, things i couldn't even say to myself out loud."

unbeknownst to her, perhaps it was a good thing no one was there to witness her anguish, for really the sky witnessed firsthand that when she screamed, golden energy blasts exploded out of her, fading before she could see her own doing.

belle remains oblivious of herself.

author's note:

i'm a proud member of the hate chemistry club !