chapter 26

"he's peacefully asleep

"he's peacefully asleep."

belle's pov!

"good grief, i'm done-", i halted my words as soon as i swiveled my chair to face him.

he was sitting with his eyes shut, his head falling to the side from time to time. his hands barely gripping the open book.

he's peacefully asleep.

i don't remember seeing the last time loki sleeped that peacefully, let alone the time he was chaos, in fact i never exactly saw him asleep. whenever i woke up, he had seemingly woken up first.

oh besides the time i saw him on the couch, the day i caught him red-handed.

i strode over quietly, and removed the book out of his hands, making sure not to forget to slip a bookmark i found in my drawer at the page where he left off.

i gripped his shoulders gently making him sit as i adjust the pillows and lowered him back, his head propped up against my soft beige pillows.

i pulled my blankets up to cover his shoulders.

i stood beside the bed, staring for awhile, admiring his features. respectfully.

i stared at his neatly threaded brows and at his marble pale complexion, at the defined cheekbones, at his thick eyelashes, at his thin pressed lips.

i averted my eyes the second i thought of more.

"friends, friends, we're friends.", i whispered to myself, heading towards my door.

holding the cold door handle, i snuck one last look.

i wanted this moment to be imprinted in my mind.

because for once, he looked content and happy. and that doesn't happen quite often.

i'll make him glad more often, i told myself, the door clicking in place quietly.

author's note:

the chapter's pretty short today- idk, i can't explain it myself.. idk how this happened..

but uh happy friday guys! or thursday or saturday- 

stream put a little love on me because my feels are acting up again :D

oh and i'd love to hear your favorite songs at the moment!
feel free to comment some good ones. i'm in need of good music <3