chapter 21

"you mock me and then you give me nicknames?"

(slight spoiler alert for the book, "the cruel prince"! i mentioned something important in one of the sentences.)

loki's/chaos' pov! 

"what's this?", i asked her skeptically as she handed me a plate of some fried food.

"pizza roll.", she said biting into her own.

"it's good, trust me."

i looked at the food and finally gave in, and bit into it.

"so?", she asked expectantly.

"it's good, i like this.", i said making her smile bigger.

"i knew it! i knew you would. my point stands, pizza rolls are the best.", she said excitedly.

she pursed her lips a few minutes later in thought, "i'm sorry i couldn't make anything else for breakfast, i'm not a good cook plus i don't do well in limited time."

"it's alright.", i said knowing about her busy schedule.

"i better get ready too, be right back."

she did come back 15 minutes later, wearing a cream cardigan and grey cotton pants, a brown coat folded on her arm.

"i can't bring you with me, people will recognize you.", she said.

i wanted to retort that i was using a simple charm that makes people outside not recognize me, as i have the past few days. i didn't in the end.

"alright then, may i borrow any book as entertainment while you're gone?", i asked and she nodded.

"though i feel like you already did that, i was confused to see that my bookshelf wasn't dusty the other day.", she said before staring at me again, realisation sparkling in them.

"you were the one who helped me with my assignment! and the one who put me back to bed!"

"i did.", i brushed off as if it was nothing.

"thank you, loki.", she said with a warm smile.

she stepped towards her bookshelf and pulled out one of the books.

scanning the cover one last time, she smiled and approached me carefully.

"this was a gift from cole, i have no reason why he got me this book. he just dropped it in my bag the other day, and said it's a gift.", she said, sliding the book into my hands.

our hands brushed for awhile, sending shivers through us. through me.

"it's the cruel prince, it's a nice book. they're about faeries, and humans. i'm not done yet though, i'm on chapter 20, see that's my bookmark.", she said pointing to the brown bookmark sticking out of the book.

"you can read it too. and uh...here, this can be your bookmark.", she pulled out a black one out of her bag and handing it to me.

"thank you.", i said, not bothering to ask why she carried a bookmark in her bag.

"have fun!", she said, walking over to the door, leaving me alone, with this book.

she came back later in the afternoon, and i was a cat, i was chaos at that time.

"hello chaos. i'm sure you had a great time reading. i wouldn't be surprised if you finished the book by now.", she said, bending down and petting me softly.

"gotta do classes. see you later loki.", she said frowning apologetically, before going to her bathroom.

an apple was tossed into the air and caught with her slim fingers, before i felt the couch dip on my side.

it's been a few hours after she went in her room. that can only mean classes must be over.

"how was school?", i asked her, a little bit teasingly.

"it was horrible, thanks for asking loki.", she joked back biting into her apple.

"oh? do tell me.", i gently placed a bookmark at the page, glancing down at the page briefly before turning to her.

last page of chapter 18, where jude just killed valerian.

"i mean i have another essay, which i insist you don't help me. appreciated but suspicious. i don't even know what the word assiduous means.", she said with a side glance.

"that means diligent. are humans always this...dense?"

"excuse me, did you just call me stupid?", she feigns a look of offense, her hand flying up to her heart, as if to cover it from the insult.

"no, i'm just calling you dull.", i said and she looked horrified.

"how dare you? i come here with good intentions and you so heartlessly offend me word after word."

"belle-love, you are so gullible.", i retorted and that made her eyebrows crease even more.

"you mock me and then you give me nicknames? gee that is a good tactic."

"it actually is, you should try it."

she hummed in reply.

she discarded the apple core and grabbed her laptop and sit right back next to me again.

"while i type a new composition, tell me what you think of the cruel prince so far.", she said, propping up the laptop on her legs.

"it's interesting. i see a bit of taryn in you."

"oh really?"

"you two are sensible. and you'd pass for being a court lady if you wanted to.", i commented making her eyebrows raise surprised.

"well, i see bits of cardan and locke in you. mostly locke.", she said, a faint tint of red on her cheeks.

"locke?"

"yeah, mischievous, wears green. you both love stories, that is if the myths are true that you are also the god of stories. plus your names are similar, loki, locke.", her hands clicking on the laptop as she spoke.

"and cardan?"

"black hair, somehow i get the cold prince aura out of you."

and then she looked at me with a small smirk, "you wanna know what else makes you and cardan similar?"

"you both have a tail.", she said, erupting into loud laughter.

i fake-frowned offended at her and that made her laugh harder.

what a pretty laugh she has.

author's note: 

i love the cruel prince? pls someone send help.