chapter 27

"yellow roses are quite remarkable

"yellow roses are quite remarkable."

belle's pov!

cold fingers crept up my shoulder and i was this close, this close to jumping off the couch and letting my laptop fly in the air.

i grabbed my laptop before it tipped backwards from the impact and believe me when i say i can literally hear my heart racing.

"what did you do that for?", i said turning my back to face a loki who was stifling down his laughter unsuccessfully.

"you were too peaceful.", he snickered mischievously, and i smacked his arm.

apparently my move went ignored. but are we even surprised? stupid strong arm-

"it's 3 a.m., why are you awake?", i grumbled, still recovering from the jumpscare.

"me? why are you awake?", he asked, raising his eyebrow, while emphasizing on the you. on me.

"i'm reading.", i answered simply.

"reading what?"

i laughed lightly. what? you want me to say wattpad? and explain what that is? no never in a million years-

"uh romance.", i said coolly.

"what romance?"

fanfiction- and a bunch of stuff i'm not showing you..

"hey uh you want to get a drink? me too! come on let's go.", i rambled, shutting my laptop off, and grabbing his wrist so he can follow me.

a cup of warm tea later, i caught him staring at me a little too long.

"loki?", i asked waving a hand in front of his face, breaking him out of his trance.

"hm?", he hummed back, now staring at anywhere but me.

"nothing.", i said, covering my yawn behind my hand, hoping he won't see it.

but no ofcourse he'll see it.

"time for bed, woman.", he said teasingly.

"i have to wake up in like 3-4 hours, it doesn't matter~", i protested.

5 minutes later, i was in bed, me scowling at a sleepy grinning loki.

"now go to sleep.", he said hands on his hips, reenacting the literal mom pose. what a mom.

i kept my annoyed frown as he walked to the door.

"loki?"

"yes, belle?", he asked turning around.

"you don't have to, but i'd love it if you would, um, tell me a story?", i asked grateful to the dim lighting hiding the rising blush on my cheeks.

"of course, one story.", he said, going over to the other side of my bed and sat on the edge, his lithe arms supporting his weight.

"i shall tell you of my time in mother's gardens. because that never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times i've visited it."

"mother loved her flowers, and treated them almost like her own children. if you ever visit there, the first thing you'd be greeted by is the color of the leaves, the purest of greens-"

i doubt there is a green as pure as his eyes.

"one of mother's favorites is the middlemist red, a red flower, sometimes a darker shade of pink. it symbolizes love and affection.", he explained, an illusion of the flower appearing above his opened palm.

i smiled excitedly, observing the illusion. but my sleepy eyes could barely focus on the intended thing.

soon i was observing him instead, with an immense feeling of hidden adoration and awe.

his green eyes glimmer in the dark, like precious green emeralds that are pure and perfect. emeralds that lure you in, catching you in a daze without you realising.

his skin is pale, and the moonlight seems to reflect off his perfect features. i wonder, are they cold like marble or are they as soft as silk?

his hair. strands of midnight, complementing his moonlight skin.

he is perfect. he is like the calm and the storm. he is the safe place. my safe place.

"love?", he asked, his voice hinted with mirth.

"what? sorry i'm sleepy!", i whispered, hiding the flusteredness in me.

"time for me to leave then.", he stood up and before i could think about it, i reached out and grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down.

"tell me about your favorite flower.", i said slowly and sleepily.

"yellow roses are quite remarkable,", he conjured one up, "it means a lot of things. but most generally accept it as a symbol of warmth, innocence, happiness."

i hummed along, my eyes closing slowly, his silky voice lulling me into my dreams, of flowers and then some.

author's note:

huh it's been a month since furry feelings was posted for the very first time...
guess time really does fly after all :D

but i'm so grateful for you all and i'm tryna have a bit fun with this story as it goes!
thanks for the support and everything, for it's been quite a ride.

i sense a closure for furry feelings somewhere soon, but i promise it isn't over yet. i will not end this story til i give belle and loki the ending they deserve, i promise that much.

anyways i won't get too sappy right now, and end it here. thanks everyone <33