chapter 15

"you're lying, darling

"you're lying, darling."

belle's pov!

i slept pretty late yesterday and i might've skipped dinner too.

i was so busy with this group project i didn't realise.

so tuesday morning i woke up, feeling the weight of a thousand bricks on me, and my head was pounding so hard.

i stumbled to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet, groggily tied my hair back into a ponytail, and let the headache take full effect and threw up.

i panted and wiped my mouth with some tissue. i closed the lid of the toilet seat and flushed it, scrunching my nose at the scent.

i leaned unto the wall and closed my eyelids, feeling it burn in the back of my head.

"i'm going to shower.", i said to no one in particular and stepped into the shower and took a warm one.

i brushed my teeth afterwards, and although still there, my headache hurts less.

"hey chaos, don't worry i'm fine, i just had a headache and threw up. i feel better now though.", i said smiling at him, after putting a black turtleneck and a long chocolate brown skirt.

he tilted his head and i laughed at his concern.

"i'm alright for real! and yes, i'm going to work soon. sorry i have to leave you again."

i plopped down on the couch having a bowl of ramen in my hands. he jumped up the couch and purred into my lap.

i petted him throughout my breakfast.

i walked down the streets, my black heel boots making noises against the pavement.

"hey cole!", i greeted as i hung up my brown plaid scarf on the hanger.

"belle! hey! wait, are you feeling okay? you seem a bit pale.", he said stopping mid sentence, concern filling his once cheery face.

"what are you talking about i'm fi-"

"you threw up again, didn't you?", he said cutting me off.

"i may have-"

"belle! that's the third time this month. you should be resting in bed! not coming in for work.", cole said with a serious face.

"i didn't want you or aunt liza having a hard time here in the cafe. plus i'm alright cole! don't worry about me."

i put on my apron and adjusted my hair and put a thumbs up at his direction.

"i'm fine, cole. i wouldn't say it if i wasn't. also, please don't tell my aunt.", i added, pleading softly.

"fine! but you are taking things slow today."

"ughh, cole!"

the hours passed by quite quickly, seeing as cole insisted i stay behind the counter and make drinks and do the cashier work.

it was near closing time where my heart did automatic somersaults at the last customer who came in.

"hey belle~ loverboy's back~", cole said sing-songily,

"cooooole.", i whined in a low warning tone.

cole forced me to go get his order.

he was so insistent on that idea too. wow what a drastic change from not even letting me wipe tables, 5 minutes ago.

"hi again, can i take your order?"

"hi, uh, i actually want to try one of the donuts today.", he said, licking his lip lightly.

i shook those thoughts away from my head.

"what flavour would you like?", i asked, only now noticing his eyes.

are they green or are they blue?

both it seems.

"i'll have the glazed one, miss.", he said smiling lightly.

"alright, anything else i can do for you?"

"yes, i'll have a black tea to go with it, warm please."

"and lastly, this has nothing to do with the order, but i need to ask. you seem to be paler than i recall, are you feeling well?", he asked concerned.

huh.

"i'm alright, thank you."

he chuckled lightly.

"you're lying, darling.", he said nonchalantly.

"okay, um... i guess i was not feeling well this morning, but i'm great now.", i said smiling sheepishly as he caught on to my lie that quickly.

"if you say so. but well, get well soon.", he said, warming my heart, cheeks, and making my palms sweat.

"alright well your order will come out soon sir.", i said smiling briefly before walking back to the counter.

author's note:

i need to do math but here's a new chapter!

also i'm gonna read everything everything i'm so excited <3