chapter 17

"boy, i'm lost in your love

"boy, i'm lost in your love."

belle's pov!

"aunt liza, i'm singing today, right?", i asked, peeking my head at the doorway to her office.

"yes, you are. it's been your dream since forever. plus i've established this rule for the past year, hon.", she said.

"every two weeks, 12 pm-1 pm wednesday!", cole shouted out confirming.

"i just can't thank you guys enough.", i said softly.

"hey, you're amazing at it. besides, my brother couldn't stop bragging about you. they were your number one supporters and they'd hate for a gift like yours to go to waste.", my aunt said and tears pricked my eyes.

"they've been gone for 3 years, but i still miss them everyday."

"so do i, belle.", my aunt said holding her arms out offering a hug.

i smiled softly and accepted the hug gratefully.

"now come on, there's only one hour left! we need to set things up for your show, darling.", she said after pulling away.

that hour flew by quickly and i stood in the setup area, which was on the left side of the wall, which was previously occupied with tables until we moved it.

"hey! you forgot this. and take off your apron for mobility.", cole practically reminded me and i smiled innocently.

i took my apron off and handed it to him, as he handed me my guitar. he turned around only to come back a minute later and chucked a fedora carelessly on my head.

"cole! my hair's messy now.", i pouted.

"you're welcome! now go introduce yourself and blow their minds!"

i chuckled and ran my fingers through my hair, fixing it and placing the ivory fedora hat back on correctly.

i adjusted the folds and cuffs on my beige silk oversized shirt and brushed my cargo cardboard-colored pants.

i tapped the mic softly and cleared my throat. the whole room stopped abruptly and i smiled as my eyes scanned the crowd quickly.

"hi, so uh, my name's belle cartwright, i work in this cafe, and aunt liza was nice enough to let me start a little tradition here."

"for those of you who don't know what this tradition is, it's a small little gig, that happens every two weeks on wednesday, where i and my guitar will be entertaining you all for an hour straight.", i said glancing at cole briefly and he showed me a thumbs up and i smiled appreciatively.

"singing's been a small hobby that i've been carrying ever since i was little. and i'd like to honor my late parents, lily and mark caron, known as the caron acoustics."

"they were a famous musical duo, and put out some neat music out there. and uh, these last 3 years without them have been hard to say the least, so this whole thing makes me feel closer to them somehow."

"so for the first song, our opening song, i'll be singing, bless the broken road by rascal flatts. enjoy!", i said stepping back from the mic and placing my fingers on the guitar.

i started strumming slowly and sang into the microphone.

"i set out on the narrow way, many years ago.
hoping i would find true love, along the broken road."

i continued singing, feeling so elated and light.

"i couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you."

"and every long lost dream led me to where you are.
others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars,
pointing me on my way, into your loving arms~"

"this much i know is true, that God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you."

i swayed slowly, letting the words flow out of my mouth in a familiar calming way.

i felt safe whenever i was singing.

i sang a few more songs, like this city by sam fischer, i knew i loved you by savage garden, body like a backroad by sam hunt, and if i ain't got you by alicia keys.

"hey belle, why don't you sing us one of your own songs.", my aunt's voice said after i finished my seventh song.

"what? auntie, are you sure that's a good idea?", i said moving the microphone away, a little flustered.

"yes! come on, i know everyone wants to hear it too.", my aunt said and whistles and cheering sounded throughout the cafe.

only then did i realise that kasper was here, and he raised his teacup in agreement.

how long has he been here?

i grabbed the microphone, and smiled, "alright i'll play an original piece by me, called lost in your love."

i changed the chords and strummed, testing it a bit.

"this one's about having a summer of a lifetime with the love of your life. hope you all like it.", i said before starting to sing.

"i know that money's tight.
this might sound crazy, but we should book a flight somewhere amazing.
we only got one life, so let's not waste it.
i'm talking about tonight.
what you say baby?"

"we could lay low in ibiza, that golden sand;
or just take it easy in the south of france.
we could wander forever and never be found.
i was lost in your love, when the sun goes down.
lost in your love, when the sun goes down~"

"i've been feeling kind of stuck, in the same location.
let's get a couple stamps, in these passport pages.
no i don't really care, about the destination.
yeah i just want you there, that's all i'm saying."

singing made me feel confident. in the beginning it was terrifying and i get shy a lot, but after awhile, it's like a confidence spell was cloaked over me.

that is the reason why i was brave enough to keep eye contact with kasper as i sang the next verse with a bright smile.

"we can dance all night in rio at carnival,
drink too much tequila and forget it all.
we could wander forever and never be found.
i was lost in your love, when the sun goes down.
lost in your love, when the sun goes down."

i saw him grin and i grinned back.

"i'm lost in your love~", i dragged out while holding the mic in my right hand.

"we can hide out in havana,
spend all our cash on cigars and mojitos and don't look back.
we could wander forever and never be found.
i was lost in your love til the sun goes down."

a bunch of repeating the last line and humming and strumming to the tune happened as i slowly finished off the song.

"yeah, boy, i'm lost in your love.", i sang out softly as a series of applause and claps erupted around the room.

i grinned and bowed.

this is the happiest i've been in so long. 

author's note:

no but literally lost in your love by music travel love is so catchy, i suggest you hear it! :)