Chapter 18

Julia's POV

After Ian had left I immediately layed down to get some rest. The past week had been really exhausting and all I wanted to do was sleep.

*Ring*

*Ring*

I got angry. Whoever was calling should better have a really good reason to do so.

"What?" I answered the phone angrily.

"Shit" I heard Ian giggle. "Please don't tell me that I woke you up."

I couldn't help but grin.

"I was about to fall asleep. Why are you calling anyway? I mean it's not like we haven't seen each other for a long time" I asked him.

"Well I talked to Nikki and I needed someone I can tell everything." he explained.

"And I'm the right person for that?" I asked yawning.

"Since Paul didn't answer his phone and Nina is not talking to me yes."

"That's sad my friend. That's sad" I sighed making him chuckle.

"I know"

"So how did it go?" I asked now getting how exciting this was.

"Great actually" Ian told me happily. "She tries to forgive me and said that she loved me even if it was hard to forgive"

I smiled in relief. "I'm happy for you Ian. I really am"

"Thank you. I suddenly can't wait to see her."

"Are you leaving earlier then?" I asked slightly disappointed.

"No I'm not. Nikki is still In NY" he reminded me.

"Right. Anyway I'm really glad that you're happy."

"Me too. So now that I told you I should let you have your beauty sleep right?" I heard him smile into the phone.

"That would be nice even if I don't need sleep to be a beauty." I answered cockily.

I heard Ian chuckle and knew he was shaking his head.

"I'm hanging up now."

-------------------------------------------

Ian's POV

I closed my bag and stepped out of the hotelroom. I couldn't believe that it was already time to go. The past days with Julia had been great and I couldn't wait for her to move to the US.

I drove to Jules apartment and got out of the car. I rang the doorbell and was surprised when a man opened the door.

"Hello. I'm Ian." I said assuming that it was Jules dad I was talking to. "I wanted to pick up Julia. I'm the one Julia will live with in America." I said trying to get his attention.

"Ah yes right she told me." he simply said. "I'll tell her that you're here." He said walking away typing on his mobile phone.

And all people say that teenagers are too focused on technology. I thought shaking my head. I didn't like Jules father. He didn't even wanted to know something about me when I was standing right in front of him. What kind of father does something like that?!

"Ian?" Jules asked me and by the look on her face I could tell that it wasn't the first time.

"Sorry I was thinking about something." I muttered hugging her quickly. "Hey how are you?"

"Well due to the fact that I have to spend the next two weeks without you, not so good." She said smiling.

"You'll survive. Because right after these two week we are going to spend a really really long time together." I reminded her.

"Can't wait" Jules said while getting in the car.

The drive to the airport was pretty silent.

"Are you nervous to see Nikki again?" Jules asked curiously breaking the silence.

"Yeah" I muttered. "I actually can't wait to talk to her but also can't help but feel nervous about it."

"It will be good. I'm sure about that" I smiled getting out of the car.

I nodded thankfully and handed the keys back to the rental office.

"Thank you for cheering me up the past days Jules. It meant a lot." I said pulling my little girl into a hug.

"Anytime Ian, you're welcome" Jules whispered hugging me back.

"Are you sure you want to take the bus home? I can pay you a taxi." I asked in concern.

"I'm fine thanks. You should go if you don't want to loose your flight."

"Right." I remembered. "So I guess I will see you in two weeks." I smiled down at her and kissed her cheek.

She smiled back at me. "Good luck with Nikki!"