Chapter 4

Ian's POV
I read the email Helen sent me two days ago.

The winner of the raffle was a girl named Julia Hastings, turns 16 years in a week and lives in Berlin.

Interesting I thought but sighed at the same time..I hoped to meet an older fan who I could really talk to and now I'm getting a 16 years old fangirl.

However I'm sure it's going to be fun.
She will fly to the USA in two days from now and I'm going to meet her when she arrived at the hotel.

Even if she wasn't what I was expecting I couldn't help but feel exited to meet her. I'm curious what kind of person she is. I thought and smiled.

---------------------------------------------

Julia's POV

Today is the day. I'm flying to Atlanta to meet Ian Somerhalder.

I sat on the airport in Berlin when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Marisa.

-Hey Jules, we all wish you a wonderful time at the US and travel safe! xoxo

I smiled. I didn't clear things up between me and Mike and Hulk but I regretted being such a bitch to them.

I mean, they have their own oppinion and I have to accept this even if they aren't supporting me.

When it was finally time to get in the plane I felt even more nervous than before.

I smiled at the stewardesses who greeted every passenger and sat down after I found my seat. I closed my eyes for a moment to calm down. I was so excited!

My parents acted like I expected them to. They signed the papers without questionning anything and brought me to the airport today.

That was it.

Now I'm sitting here my nervousness killing me and waiting for the plane to fly.

After probably 15 minuts the plane started to move and a few minuts after that I could see and feel that we were leaving now. I smiled.

It was wonderful.

---------------------------------------------
When I arrived in Atlanta I was collected by a man who drove me to the hotel.

I was about to leave the car when I heard the man call my name.

"Yes?" I asked and smiled.

"I just wanted to tell you that Mr. Somerhalder is going to pick you up at 7pm for dinner."

I was surprised. That wasn't in the description.

I looked at my watch. It showed 4pm.

Okay I have three more hours to prepare myself. To say that I was excited would be an understatement.

The man helped me to carry my luggage to the lobby and I checked in.

I went to my hotelroom And layed down on my bed. I was tired. I guess it's the jetlag but I don't know for sure because I never travelled to another time zone until today.

When I woke up I looked at the clock and was shocked. 6:30pm.

Oh my God my idol will pick me up in 30minuts and I'm not even showered I thought and ran to the bathroom to clean myself up.

I dressed myself with a pair of jeans and a shirt.

I didn't bring any fancy clothes with me since I wasn't the type for this clothes and I didn't even know that he was taking me out for dinner.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

I looked in the mirror and checked how I was looking. My dark brown hair was curly like always but my hazel eyes were filled with excitement.

I went to the door and opened it.

There he was. Ian Somerhalder.

He stood in te doorway. And to be honest, he looked even more handsome in real life.

His crystal blue eyes were staring at me when he smiled.

"Hey" I said and smiled at him too "I'm Julia. It's really nice to meet you."

"Ian, pleasure to meet you too" He simply said and I chuckled.

"I know" I said and he grinned at me.

"Sorry, I didn't bring any fancy clothes with me because I didn't know about this dinner" I told him.

"Oh that's no problem. I mean look at me" He replied and ponited at his clothes.

He was wearing a jeans and a shirt as well.

I sighed in relief.

"Good. So where are we going?"

"A really nice restaurant. It's just 10minuts away from here. Let's go" He told me and lead me to his car.

When we got in I looked at the display.
It showed the energy use per mile.

"You're driving electric?" I asked him but didn't wait for an answer. "That's fricking cool! I am so excited about everything you and your foundation do. It's so important and I don't know in which state the planet would be if there weren't people like you." I said.

He looked at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked him.

He laughed and shook his head.

"Nothing. It's just I didn't expect someone like you."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"I expexted a girl who is going to scream and faint when she sees me, but not for my mind but for my looks"

"Cocky much" I murmured and he laughed.

"And instead I got the complete opposite"

---------------------------------------------

We arrived at the restaurant and sat down.

"So tell me about you. Are you here alone? Without parents?" He asked me.

"Well, my parents aren't the concerned type. So yes, I'm alone here." I replied.

He looked at me and I thought he wanted to say something about that but instead he changed the subject.

"What do you want to do when you finished school?"

"I mean I'm just 15 now, so I have some time left to make this decision. But I honestly don't really know. I would love to become an actor but it isn't that easy to get a good role" I told him.

"And you? What are your plans for the future?"

"Uhmm I absolutely want to act but maybe not on the vampire diaries anymore. I would really like to make documentarys or funny movies"

"Don't tell the TVD fandom. They're going to kill you." I said jokingly but he asked
"And you won't?"

I looked at him.

"I'm not watching the vampire diaries because of the great story line. I'm watching it because I want to support you and if you decide to do something else I will watch your new projects for the same reason."

Oh my god did I just say this..

"You know what Julia? Now you start fangirling but in a really really flattering way" He smired and I blushed.

Ian brought me back to my room and we said our goodnights.

When I was about to close the door he called me

"Julia?" He said and I opened the door again and looked at him.

Without saying a word he hugged me and whispered in my ear.

"I don't understand your parents"

And with that he left and I stood in the doorway confused like ever.