― 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER EIGHT 」

― "HUH?"

Kunimi couldn't believe he said that but was later relieved as Yahaba came just in time to help the poor boy.

"Sorry, would you mind repeating that?" You asked them, fidgeting with your hands. "I couldn't quite catch that."

"I was wondering if..." Kunimi stopped briefly before continuing. "If you'd like to become the manager for the volleyball club..?"

Yahaba watched his kouhai do the recruiting while he stood by in case Kunimi needs his help.

You were really confused as you looked at the two taller boys in front of you.

"Um-" 

Before you could pronounce any further, Kunimi cut you off. 

"I mean, it's okay if you don't want to..." He awkwardly scratched his neck and shakily looked at you with a nervous smile on his face. "It would really help us out but I understand."

You took some time to process. The look in the two volleyball players screamed at you they really REALLY needed someone to assist them. You'd feel guilty if you shut down their hope. 

Yahaba intervened, cutting off the uneasy tension lingering in the air as he spoke up, explaining you further. 

"It could just be for a few months," He told you politely. "During the tournament and besides, you don't really have to do much anyways."

You were hesitant at first but you just simply couldn't turn them down after the look of eagerness together with their helpless tone of voice.

"I-I'll think about it and I can inform you later..?" You had a look of doubt turning towards the boys. 

"That's great!" Yahaba exclaimed almost immediately after your response to which you flinched a bit.

"You can come by the gymnasium if you've decided. I'll be looking forward to it."

You gave them a small nod and a reassuring smile.

"T-Thank you again, L/N-san," Kunimi uttered in a low voice while your eyes widen slightly.

"Oh um..."

"I'm in the same class as y-you so I kind of knew you...somehow?" That came out as a question rather than a statement. 

"Well then..." You trailed off as you tried to rack your brain and remember the black-haired male's name. 

"Kunimi Akira," Kunimi raised his voice slightly, stating his name. "This is Yahaba-san."

Before you could even reply, your name was called by a familiar voice as they approached you.

"Y/N-chan!" Keiko, the secretary called out to you. "We have a council meeting in a few minutes now!"

You turned back to the girl running towards you, waving her hands to catch your attention.

"Majime-san," You greeted while the girl panted, catching her breath. 

The girl looked at you still breathing heavily, with a distraught look she told you, "Ahh, I told you to call me by my first name, Y/N-chan!"

After catching her breath, Keiko looked at the two volleyball players in front of her. She recognized one of them, "Oh! Evenin' Kunimi-kun."

"There's a meeting, you say? Well, we should get going then." You looked at the two boys with an apologetic smile and left with Keiko. "I'll see you soon."

Kunimi and Yahaba decided to head back to inform the good news to the team.

╭──────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.──────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

 a pretty short chapter, sorry abt that

but anyways, hope you enjoy!