― 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘‒𝐒𝐈𝐗

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX 」

― "OUR MANAGER IS BACK!" 

You gave everyone a wave as you enter the training facility. Last night, you went over to the Akaashi household, reuniting with your aunt and uncle over dinner as you stayed for the night. Upon returning back, the team was warming up for their next practice.

"Sorry, I'm a bit late." You greeted the coaches who were observing the practice then quickly went to hand out bottles and towels to the team. You handed your scribbled notes of the team's progress, which you made last night, over to the coach.

Both coaches exchanged their own opinions in the discussion, pointing out some ways the team could try other techniques. They didn't need to say much. With Oikawa's lead, the team tried some new formations they could use after reviewing their last match with Shiratorizawa. 

"Here you go," You smiled, passing the cool water bottles to the team. You sat yourself down by the metal doors of the gymnasium, drinking some water yourself as you go through the notes of the day's progress. 

"Hey," Iwaizumi propped himself down next to you. He still had a towel over his shoulder and his bottle in hand. You passed him the notes you took during practice. Observing through the paper, evaluating every points, Iwaizumi was deep in thought. You gave him some time to look over it until he spoke again. "It was a surprise, yesterday. I didn't know you have a cousin here in Tokyo."

You chuckled. "I didn't know he would be in this part of Tokyo today. I guess he decided to meet up with some friends today."

"You seemed close to his friends. They play volleyball too?"

You nodded. "Yes. I hung out with them sometime when I visit. Sometimes, I watch their practice too."

A moment of silent passed before Iwaizumi turned to you with a knowing look in his eyes. "I'm guessing we have the same thought." You smiled. Genuises think alike.

The evening sky rolled by quickly and before anyone knew, night slowly approached. Sighs of relief and weariness echoed throughout the spacious room. Those who hadn't been worn out with fatigue helped put away the equipment while some others laid on the ground to catch their breaths in the moment of rest.

Soon enough, the facility closed with the team tiredly walking back to the hotel they stayed at. You stayed for a bit with Iwaizumi to discuss the next practice session with the coaches over at the hotel's 24-hour café. Plans were made for the next day's training schedule and hard work for today concluded.

"Get off, we're here." Iwaizumi shook Matsukawa awake who nudged the sleeping Hanamaki. Oikawa who was still snoring away with a sleeping mask, didn't escape from the menace of Iwaizumi and got slapped 'lightly' back to reality.

The sleepy volleyball players dragged themselves off the bus, gathering in front of a gym facility. You grabbed your bag and stepped down from the vehicle, greeted with a wave from your cousin. 

The Seijoh team and Fukurodani agreed to a practice match, organized by their manager and their coaches with full support from the team members. The long faces of sleepiness wore off almost immediately, replaced by newfound excitement at the sight of their opponent for the day. 

Without much hesitation, bother teams went into the gym. Everything had already been set up, the nets were raised high, the volleyball carts drawn out and some Fukurodani's team members were already practicing their drill. 

You strode into the spacious gym behind the team. Your face lit up, seeing two additional faces you recognized, the Fukurodani managers. You were welcomed by a three-way hug, it was a long time since they last had you visiting. 

Bokuto jumped in for a high-five like the ball of sunshine he is. Oikawa gave him a fist bump and laughed along with the Fukurodani captain. It was like a reunion of old friends, though later the reunion would turn into an exciting match of volleyball battle.

╭──────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX ]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.──────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚