― 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘‒𝐒𝐈𝐗

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX 

― IT WAS A beautiful day. The students from Seijoh were walking to school as usual, in the early morning. 

Two particular students stood out, one was mindlessly walking on the path to school, the other seemed to be deep in thoughts.

"Hey, um, y'know Kageyama—," a certain shallot-head asked his friend. 

"Ugh, why do you have to bring this up, Kindaichi?" Kunimi grumbled, his face showing a look of dissatisfaction. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Have you heard about him lately?"

"No?"

"I heard he went to Karasuno High."

"Karasuno? Why?" Kunimi looked to his friend in confusion. "Pretty sure he could apply to a powerhouse school like Shiratorizawa."

Silence then followed them afterward.

Kunimi didn't particularly care about Kageyama, or anybody. He's the type of person to just forget about it and move on, not letting anything bother him as he lived through his life.

Though, Kindaichi felt a tinge of guilt ever since their last junior high tournament. He knew he had to do something but maybe that was a little harsh of him. He could confront the setter or try to reason with him or try another approach. The anger inside of him couldn't be controlled as he kept getting annoyed by the prodigy setter every time he told Kindaichi to go faster or go higher.

Kindaichi still remembered how the "King" treated his teammates. As if they were someone with insane skills he could use. As if they were nothing, just a machine he control so they could win. Just so they could win for his own selfish reasons.

Kindaichi remembered the times they would get into fights whenever he couldn't match up with Kageyama's sets and his ridiculous attacks. 

He still remembered how Kageyama didn't take his suggestions and requests into account and try to match up with him.

He still remembered. 

But maybe Kindaichi was also being selfish? Maybe he hasn't practiced as much as Kageyama so that's why he couldn't catch up to the King's sets? Or maybe he just wasn't good enough? Or is it because he had a grudge against the setter? He didn't know.

"Kindaichi," Kunimi called to the male. "Kindaichi?"

"Kindaichi, is something bothering you?" Their senior, Iwaizumi asked.

The volleyball team was currently in the middle of practice as they noticed their middle blocker was not doing well in the practice.

"Ah, it's nothing, senpai," Kindaichi waved his thoughts off, coming back to the present.

"Take a rest for a while, maybe you'll feel better once you've cleared your head a bit."

"I need a rest too, senpai," Kunimi raised his hand.

Iwaizumi nodded before continuing to lead the practice in place of their captain, Oikawa who was still healing from his injury.

Kunimi sighed once he sat down on the bench. "Don't tell me you're thinking of the Kageyama news again," He told his friend while opening his drink.

Kindaichi flinched as he heard Kunimi's assumption. He couldn't help but always think that Kunimi could sometimes read his mind.

Kindaich sheepishly answered to which confirmed his friend's speculation.

"You seriously need to stop thinking about it," The first-year spiker said. "Seriously, forget about it already. We're in high school now, and Kageyama's not around anymore."

"I'm trying, Kunimi..." Kindaichi let out a frustrated sigh. "I can't help but think back to that last match in junior high."

"Just forget about it already," Kunimi told the middle blocker one last time before returning back to practice.

Silence followed afterward. 

Kindaichi should really stop thinking about it. It's already in the past. He should've forgotten about it. 

He didn't even know why he even thought about it in the first place. Is it the guilt that was holding onto him ever since their loss in the tournament? Is it because he felt bad about it? Is it the feeling that he couldn't even at least finish the last tournament match of his junior high with a good memory? 

Or is it simply because he cared?

Kindaichi really didn't know. 

But for now, he should focus on the present rather than the past. 

Kindaichi put down his bottle before heading back onto the court to join his teammates in their practice.

╭──────────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.──────────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

another little chapter featuring
kindaichi cuz he doesn't get
enough attention and
deserves more :((

last chapter before i'll be gone
for 2 weeks lol

midterms are here and i'm not
failing again