― 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘‒𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE 」

― "THANK YOU FOR having us!" The boys of the volleyball club all shouted with enthusiasm.

The long-awaited day of the training camp came. Practice was held throughout the day but there were no complaints from the team.

The volleyball players on court chugged down their water as if their lives depended on it. Lately, the team had been having practice matches with other school teams or college teams in the prefecture. And their practice match for the day had just ended.

It was getting late, the sky was already starting to dim as they cleaned the gym up from their previous practice. 

Even though no one said anything, they were all obviously tired from playing volleyball all day, and would once in a while hoped that their day would end sooner. And at the mention of having dinner, their eyes all lit up. 

They hurriedly clean up, eager to take a break from moving around for hours. After locking up the gym, they made their way back to the training facility where they stayed for the duration of the training camp to have the dinner they deserved after all the hard work. 

To say they were overjoyed was an understatement when they found out that the food was made by their one and only manager, they were over the moon. 

Upon entering the facility, the boys were met with dishes of delicious looking food laid across the long table. 

They sat themselves down, facing the food with sparkles in their eyes. As they took the first bite, they swore their mouths melt at the taste. It was really delicious, truly the kind of taste that they would like to have after a very tiring day of work.

Coach Mizoguchi laughed at the reaction of the volleyball players. He was feeling proud of the food he helped make, surprising everyone.

"Coach, you can cook?!" Oikawa asked in disbelief. "I didn't know about that!" His remark irked the middle-aged man as he let out a mutter, something about how kids these days.

"Anyone want seconds?" You asked, turning to the dining table. 

Multiple plates were shoved in front of your face at once at the declaration. You sweatdropped, filling the plates one by one. 

After a wonderful filling of dinner, the volleyball club members dispersed, some went to the showers and some rested in their shared room.

Yahaba who was in the kitchen, noticed you washing the dirty dishes and offered to help. You greatfully thanked him before the two of you settled to the task of cleaning the dishes in silence.

The caramel haired boy decided to break the silence by striking up a conversation with you, which did not end the way he expected.

"L/N-san," Started the boy hesitantly. "Are you going home after this?"

You responded right away, though it was not the answer he was hoping for. "Yes, I think."

"Eh?! Really?" The setter said in disappointment. You could only give a small nod, patting his back.

"EHH??" Another loud voice exclaimed.

Oikawa who just got out of the shower, evidently as his towel was still placed on top of his damped and messy hair. "That's too bad," The senior setter pouted in dismay. "Are you sure you're not staying?"

"Yes," Iwaizumi suddenly invited himself into the conversation. With the look Oikawa casted him, Iwaizumi crossed his arms. "Because I told her to."

"I don't think she should. I mean, it's quite late and definitely not safe for a lady to be walking alone!"

"Then I'll walk her home," Iwaizumi declared nonchalantly. 

"WHY YOU, IWA-CHAN?!" Oikawa protested.

"Look at yourself. Do you think you can go out looking like that?"

True to what he said, Oikawa was only dressed in a shirt and shorts, his hair still damp and unbrushed, not to mention the towel which was still on his hair. Whereas Iwaizumi was properly dressed in his hoodie and sweatpants, hair neat.

With no more excuse to stop Iwaizumi from bringing the manager home, Oikawa could only sulk.

Yahaba was listening to the whole conversation while washing the dishes. He intentionally slower the pace of the washing which delayed you from going home as you were tasked with wiping the dishes dry after Yahaba washed them.

No matter how much Yahaba tried to delay it, it was all over in a moment.

Much to the team's sadness, you set off with Iwaizumi. No one could come up with an good reason to stop Iwa so they just let it be, much to their disappointments. They'll still see you tomorrow anyway.

You and Iwaizumi took the train as Iwaizumi suggested, in case some incident might happen as the night was already so dark out.

Iwaizumi walked you safely back home. 

Your mother opened the door, surprised to find a friend walking you home. She gushed over the fact for a good ten minutes or so before you finally got her to let the third-year ace return back to the facility.

Watari rushed into the room the members of the volleyball club shared. "GUYS!"

At the loud call, everyone presented in the room shift their focus onto the second-year libero, awaiting for the reason as to why he called them so abruptly.

"Hold up―" Watari panted, gathering his breath before continuing. "I heard the coaches and Y/N-chan discussing about the practice match tomorrow!"

"Yes, we know about it," Matsukawa said with an unamused face.

"No― I mean! I know you know but do you know that we'll be going to Tokyo for a practice match?!"

"Oh shit," Their mouths hung open and before Watari knew it, all hell broke lose. 

Iwaizumi rubbed his temple. As soon as he got back, more trouble had already started. What a pain.

╭───────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE ]

COMPLETED!

╰─..♡.───────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

wattpad was glitching so hard
i had to republish this chapter 😬