― 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘‒𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE 」

― "WHEN YOU SAID they were great, I didn't expect them to be that great!" Oikawa mused as he bothered you while you arrange the supplies.

"That's why you shouldn't expect anything," Sighing, you replied with Oikawa now starting to help fold the towels and the vests.

"Does that mean you didn't expect our team to win either?" A pout formed on the setter's face as he briefly stopped to look at you. "That's so mean, manager-chan."

You lift the basket of towels and clothing as soon as Oikawa finished the last piece. You began to walk to the storage room as Oikawa followed behind. "Logically speaking, our team wouldn't be able to take on the other team if they were more experienced because we are missing one of our players."

"How could you say that, Y/N-chan?! Wait- does that mean you really need me?"

"What, are you saying we are supposed to compete with half our strength? Our most powerful player just decided to injure himself and dramatically enter at the end of the match to save the team. But we still got defeated."

"I never knew you thought that highly of me! You didn't have to add the last part, though. Without me, we wouldn't have made it that far! Oh, Oikawa, our lifesaver!"

"I think we did just fine without our captain, the best player among our team."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?"

Oikawa did not receive any response from the manager but was only met with the sound of objects being shifted around the fairly small room. 

"Hmm," The setter hummed as he pondered for a while. "I think I'm going to meet my beloved junior for a bit, what do you think?"

Blowing the dust off, you turned to the brunette, "Just don't provoke them or do anything that might get you in trouble."

"Heh, is our dear manager worried about The Great Oikawa?"

"I'm just warning you so that you don't cause trouble for us," You said, your hands busying themselves with boxes of equipment as Oikawa pretended he didn't hear what you just said.

"Anyway, you should head home. It's getting dark," Oikawa paused. "Or would you like me to walk you home?"

"No, it's alright. You should hurry if you want to meet your junior, they seemed to be leaving already."

Oikawa gasped then ran out, not before waving back to you with a wink as the door closed shut.

Finally alone with yourself in the box-filled room, you heaved a sigh, getting back to work immediately. 

Though, that moment of peace didn't last for long as the door swung open. Iwaizumi entered with a basket in hand, placing it back to its place on the shelf. 

"I saw Oikawa running out," Iwaizumi turned to watch you. "Did he bother you?"

"He wasn't, I guess. He was helping out too."

"That's good then," Iwaizumi let out a breath. "You know, you don't always have to put up with him. Give him a good smack or two sometime."

You laughed, picking up another box. Getting on your tiptoes, you attempted to put the box on the high shelf. The box was suddenly lifted out of your hands and was placed effortlessly on the shelf. 

"Right, that's the last one," Iwaizumi announced as he pulled you out of the room, closing the lights and the door behind him. Iwaizumi clapped to gather the volleyball players' attention. "Time to go home."

You quickly gather your things. Swiftly looking around the gym one more time, you turn off the lights and close the gyms up.

Before you can make your way further away from the gym, a voice called out for you to wait. It was none other than the captain, Oikawa himself.

"My bag!" Oikawa panted, hands placed on his bended knees. 

"Hey!" Iwaizumi waved towards the both of you, his other hand holding up a bag. Oikawa rushed to Iwaizumi, immediately recognizing the bag in his friend's grasp. 

"What an idiot," The ace couldn't help but let out a remark to the setter. 

╭─────────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE ]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.─────────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

i;ve been gone for long enough
lol sorry to keep you waiting