― 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN 」

― THE TRIAL WAS easier than expected.

Feeling very relieved, you followed the blonde coach as he showed you the manager's job.

Once he was done explaining, he called you over to the bench.

"You can sit here," Coach Mizoguchi gestured to one of the benches on the sideline. "They're going to start another set. You can observe them for a while."

The team was divided between the third years and the second + first years.

"I'm not holding back~!" Oikawa exclaimed, giving his opponents a close-eyed smile. 

The match began with Oikawa's serve. You could see how much power was put into that serve as it went over the net to land in between Kindaichi and Watari, earning the third years' team a service ace.

You were left flabbergasted at the strong serve. You took mental notes of that.

"YAY!" Oikawa cheered to which irked the spiky haired ace next to him. 

The captain looked over to your direction and gave a peace sign. You gave him a small smile.

Oikawa served again but Watari managed to get a hand under it. It was shaky but was nonetheless sent over to Yahaba who setted for Kindaichi who knocked the ball down. Their team earned a point.

It was nearing the end of the set with the third years leading. 

You were watching the match fold out with amazement. From the serves to the receives to the sets then the spikes, you could tell the team was solid strong.

Oikawa's serves were powerful, his sets weren't bad either. He brought out his spikers' their best abilities. 

Iwaizumi was a good spiker, hitting every ball sent his way with force and earned them points. He mostly kept the team together. 

Hanamaki doesn't really speak much during the whole set but would occasionally praising others for good hits or receives. Though his serves were just normal ones, his spikes were not to be taken lightly. 

Matsukawa blocks were intimidating if you're face to face with him. Due to his height, his hands loomed over the net, resulting in him blocking easily.

The firsts years and the second years weren't lousy either.

Yahaba could bring any sets to the spikers. He wasn't as good as Oikawa but he managed to give the spikers easy sets.

Although Watari needs some improvement in his receives, he could practically bring any ball over as long as he's in position. Powerful serves and spikes weren't easy for him though.

Kindaichi is a tough blocker to get through. With his height, he blocked most of the spikes. He adjusted pretty quickly to his surroundings and situations.

Kunimi... Well, if he could give more effort then that'll be great. He mostly doesn't run after any balls he could save, saying he wouldn't reach it. He made a great decoy. With his unreadable face, you couldn't tell when he's smashing the ball in or lightly touching the ball.

You surprisingly got loads of information as you observe their practice. 

The game finally ended with the third years' victory.

Coach Mizoguchi handed you a basket of hydroflasks, telling you to hand it to the boys.

They were tired. Some were either laying on the floor or sitting on the benches.

You handed over the bottle to each boys who gratefully thanked you before chugging down the water.

You took the towel from the bench next to you and hand them each one.

After their break, Coach Irihata called you over to give some comment on each of the players.

"L/N, if you don't mind," The older coach began. "You could give your opinions on the match."

"Oh um, I'm not very good at those," You tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear as you look at them with a nervous smile. "I'll try."

"Oh! Me first!" Oikawa exclaimed, immediately raising his hand.

Hanamaki slapped his hand and moved to step in front of the brunette. "I believe it should be me."

"Calm the fuck down," Iwaizumi sighed with a glare at both.

╭──────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.───────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

this was supposed to be out
last night but i kept procrastinating
and ended up questioning my existence

enjoy :D