~1~

"Up! Get up you two! Now!" yelled aunt petunia. I share a bed with my twin brother, Harry. "Morning Sis." Harry said, rubbing his tired eyes. "How was your sleep?" He asks. "Same as always I guess." I reply, not knowing how it really was.

Suddenly there was rumbling of someone going down the stairs and back up. Then there was loud jumping on the steps as white flakes start to fall on us.

"WAKE UP, COUSINS! WE'RE GOING TO THE ZOO!" yells Dudley, our spoiled brat of a cousin. Harry and I shared a look before he opens the cupboard door only to get pushed back in by Dudley.

Soon after, we both got out and went to the kitchen. "Why don't you just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything." Aunt Petunia says. "Yes, Aunt Petunia." Me and Harry reply at the same time.

While we both make breakfast Uncle Vernon asks, "Where's my coffee girl?" Harry hands me a mug and I poured the hot black liquid in it then handed it to him.

Once we finished making breakfast, we both sat down to eat. "Who's going to do the dishes?" "Can we share please?" We agreed and started eating. "How many are there?" Dudley asks, talking about presents since it's his birthday. "36, counted them myself." Uncle Vernon says. 

"36!? But last year, last year I had 37!!" He basically screamed.

Me and Harry quickly finished our food, thinking everything on the table will be pushed off in rage. "Err yes, well, some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year." Uncle Vernon tries to explain.

"I don't care how big they are!" Dudley shouts.  "This is what we're going to do, is that when we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents! How's that, pumpkin?" Aunt Petunia suggested. Obviously he agreed. 

"Be grateful you selfish git." I whisper to myself. Apparently not quiet enough because the three of them turned to me. Harry pulled me back. Dudley walked over to me, looking angry, but that didn't scare me. I just raised an eyebrow and kept a straight face.

"What did you call me, you parentless orphan." Dudley says, angrily. 

"I believe I called you a selfish git." I shot back at him, making my voice louder than before. 

I hear Harry lightly giggle then Dudley backed off and ran to his mom. "Do they have to come, they'll ruin my birthday" He complained, while fake crying. "They have to come, there's no one to look after them. But we will make sure that they won't do anything, alright sweetheart." Aunt Petunia assured, then glared at us.

"Go get ready both of you, fix your hair boy and do something with that long mop of your's girl." Uncle Vernon said. Harry and I took our clothes from the cupboard and took turns changing inside. 

Harry braided my hair and I fixed his. We stepped outside and reached for the handle but Uncle Vernon stopped us. "I'm warning you too, any funny business, any at all, and both of you won't have any meals for a week. Get in." Harry fixed his bangs to cover his scar as I move my hair to cover mine.

Weird things always happen when Harry and I go out, even at home. For example, when ever Aunt Petunia cuts Harry's hair, it grows back over night. We both nod then he moves out of the way for us so we could get in the car. "Rock Paper Scissors on who gets to sit next to that thing." Harry whispers, motioning his head to Dudley. I whispered/yelled, "You sit next to him, I had to last time!" "Come on." "Pleaseee" ".... fine, but I get to use your butterfly knife for a day." Harry says.

I huffed and handed it to him

I huffed and handed it to him. It was my favorite and only galaxy butterfly knife. Then we got in the car.

We went to the reptile exhibit and we are currently looking at snakes." Move, Move!" Dudley said banging on the glass. "He's asleep." Harry defended. "He's boring." He said then left. We walked up to it and leaned on th rail. "Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what it's like" "lying there day after day" "having people press their ugly faces on you." Harry and I said, finishing each others sentence.

The snake got up and winked at us. "You can hear us?" We both asked. It nodded. "It's just, we've never talked to a snake before." "Do you, I mean, do you talk to people often?" It shakes his head. 

"Your from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there?" "Do you miss them, your family?" We both questioned. The snake looked at a sign that says, 'Bred in Captivity.' "Oh, we understand." "We've never met our parents either." I finished Harry's sentence.

We gave the snake a sympathetic look then Dudley yelled, "Mummy, Dad, come here! you won't believe what this snake is doing!" pushing us to the ground. "You alright?" Harry asked and I nodded. Both of us glared at Dudley then the glass disappeared and fell into the habitat.

The snake slithered towards us, "Thanksss." It said. "Anytime." We said. When Dudley tried to step out, the glass reappeared, trapping him inside. We laughed seeing Dudley panic at the sight.

Uncle Vernon turned, seeing us laughing then we quickly stopped.

Once we got out of the car, we were dragged inside the house. "What happened!?" He yelled. "We don't know, one minute the glass was there" "and then it was gone" "It was like magic" Harry and I said alterniting sentences. Vernon then threw us in the cupboard and locked the door. "There's no such thing as magic!" He yelled then slid the slot shut. 

Harry and I looked at each other, huffed then sat on our bed, thinking about everything that happened just a few minutes back.

How did we talk to that snake?