~11~

Draco's POV

After lunch, I was walking to the field with Crabbe and Goyle. I was still thinking about what Professor Snape told me.

-Flashback-

"What is it, Sir?" I asked. "Do you have feelings for Ms. Potter?" Snape questioned. "Pardon?" I asked, nervously. "You heard me Malfoy." I was hesitating for a moment. "What If I do? What are you going to do? Tell my father?" I asked a bit scared. "No, I won't. You have to be the one to tell him once your both together." He said. "Together?" "You want to be with her, don't you?"

I nodded, curious on what was going to happen next. "Then listen to me when I tell you this. Use your time alone with her in detention wisely, and make her see who you really are and not for the reputation you're trying to keep. Protect her at all cost, make sure she never gets hurt . And no matter what happens, under any circumstances...don't...call her...a...filthy half-blood. Understand?" He said, sternly. I was just nodding.

"Why are you helping me?" I questioned.  "Because I lost the love of my life because I did not do what I just told you to do." Snape said, with a bit of sadness in his voice. He mumbled something to himself but I didn't seem to hear. I thought of those words for a moment. "And another thing," My attention went back to him, "Don't let anyone take her from you." He finished with a bit of anger in his voice. "You are dismissed." and with that, I left.

-Back to Lily's POV-

I was standing on a field, standing across from Harry and Ron. Isabella was next to me while Emma was on the other side of me. The professor has finally arrived and spoke, "Good afternoon, class." "Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." The class chanted. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!" The class did as she said.

"Up!" I  said and the broom went to my hand immediately as well as Harry's and Draco's. Draco looked at me and smirked, which I returned. Ron was getting frustrated with his broom, then the broom went up and hit him in the face. Harry and I started laughing at him.

"Shut up you two." Ron said. nce everyone got their broom, Madam Hooch continued, "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end.When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." Neville started to fly up, higher and higher.

"Mr. Longbottom!" Hooch Spoke. He just kept going higher. The class was calling his name, while some Slytherin's snickered. "M-Mr. Longbottom" Neville quickly started to fly around the field. His robe got caught on a statue, which made him stop. He slipped out of his robes, luckily his vest got caught on a torch light post, then he hit the ground, not too hard.

Madam Hooch quickly ran to his side, "Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get." I turned around to see Draco pick up Neville's remembrall. "Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." She finished and left the field.

Once she was out of site, Draco snickered, "Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse." "That's mean Draco. Don't say that." I spoke. Then parkinson decided to join, "That's the point, Potter." I glare at her.

"I wasn't talking to you, Pug face." I spat while some of my friends cooed. "Give it here Malfoy." I turned around to see Harry facing Draco. "No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco said. Her mounted his broom and took off. "How about on the roof?"

He stopped and hovered. "What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" He said with a smug smile on his face. "Draco, stop being like this." I said, loud enough for him to hear. "I told you he was no good." Harry said, mounting his broom. 

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly." Hermione spoke up. Harry ignored her and took off. "What an idiot." She said. "Things I do for my brother." I sighed, mounting my broom and taking off as well.

I meet both of them in the sky. "Boys, this is ridiculous. Let's all get down before we get in trouble." I say but they just ignore me. "Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry spoke. "Is that so?" Draco said. Harry charged at Draco but he spun and dodged him. 

" Have it your way, then!" Draco said and threw the remembrall. Harry quickly went after it. I looked down and saw pansy throw a pine cone at him. That could hit Harry, I need to catch it before it does. I flew off after it.

Harry caught the remembrall and quickly stopped before hitting the window. I caught the pine cone in midair and threw it back to where it came from. "Nice throw, Princess." Harry beamed. "Cool catch." I beamed back.

We flew back to the field and everyone was cheering for us. Draco went up to me and was about to say something, but was interrupted. "Potters!" It was McGonagall. "Follow me please." Harry and I sighed and started to follow her. Before I left, I looked back at Draco. "I'm sorry." He said. "And I actually thought you were different." I said before leaving with McGonagall and Harry. I gave Draco one last burning look then continued walking.

She lead us both inside and took us to a classroom. McGonagall opened the door and said, "Professor Quirrell, excuse me, excuse me. Could I borrow Wood and Flint for a moment, please?" He nodded. Two boys, One from Gryffindor and the other from Slytherin, walked outside to meet us. They looked at each other angrily before stepping out.

"Harry, Lily, this is Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint." McGonagall introduced. "Wood, I found you a new seeker." McGonagall beamed, motioning Harry. "And Flint, I found you a new chaser." she said, motioning me. Harry and I shared confused looks.

The two boys examined us for a moment after McGonagall left. "Though McGonagall is a Gryffindor, she knows a Quidditch player when she sees one." Flint spoke up. "I agree with you for once. And they're both Potters so it's even better." Wood said. "We'll teach you both the game tomorrow after school. Together." "Fine." Flint huffed.

They both back inside the class. Harry and I smiled at each other and walked back to class, happily. "Looks like we are going to play against each other. So, don't get mad when I win." I said, smirking. "In your dreams, Princess." Harry joked and we both giggled.