~22~

It's currently spring time and we are in the library when Hermione came to the table Ron, Harry and I were, with a big book. "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid?" She said, dropping the large book on the table with a loud bang, causing all of us to jump. "I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Ron then looked at the book.  This is light?" He asked.

Hermione glared at him then continued to flip through the pages and stopped. "Of course! Here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" "So that is where I heard his name before." I said. "The what?" The boys questioned. I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, don't you two read." I said.

Hermione read from the book. "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." "Immortal?" Ron questioned. "It means you'll never die." " I know what it means!" Ron said loudly then Harry and I shushed him.

I got up and sat next to Hermione and read from the book. "The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" I said, as we all exchanged looks.

It was now night time and we all went to Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door. The door slightly opened and Harry spoke, "Hagrid!" " Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid said, shutting the door. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" The four of us said before he could shut the door. He then opened the door again. "Oh."

We went inside the hut and Harry spoke, "We think Snape's trying to steal it." "Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?" Hagrid said. "Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why." I said. "Just take a look at everything he is doing. He threatened Quirrell, jinxed my broom and Lily's detention." Harry said.

"Come on Harry, you are not still thinking about that, are you? It's all you talk about." Hermione said. "Well we don't know why he did it." Ron spoke. "What happened in detention, princess?" Harry questioned. I thought back for a moment. "Nothing much. He just made Draco and I write ten lines and gave us an hour to do so." I said. "Only ten? Why would he give such little?" Hermione asked.

"That's what I thought as well. Other than that Draco and I just talked." I said. "About what?" Hermione asked with a very small smirk on her face only I noticed. "T-That's not really important. What's important right now is what Snape is planning to do to try to take the stone." I said, changing the subject back. " Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid said.

"What?" Harry questioned. " You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." Hagrid said. "Wait a minute," "One of the teachers?" Harry finished my sentence. " Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione said.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me." Hagrid responded. "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that."

Just then, the cauldron over the fire began to move. Hagrid quickly took it and placed it on the table. "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry questioned. Because of all the books I read, I realized what it was. Ron the spoke, "I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" " I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." Hagrid replied.

The egg started to move again then it cracked open. The dragon emerged from it and squeaked. "Is that...a dragon?" Hermione questioned. "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback." I beamed. "My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Ron said. "Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Hagrid cooed. 

"Norbert?" I questioned. "Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Hagrid beamed. He really loves dragons doesn't he. Ron and I laugh a little. "Don't you, Norbert?" Hagrid cooed. He pets the dragon while doing so it hiccups and blasts a small fireball into Hagrid's beard. Once he noticed it, he quickly patted his beard, putting out the fire. " well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Hagrid said. I giggled, "You got that right." I pet Norbert and he seemed to really like my touch. 

"Looks like he's really fond of you Lily." Hagrid said, smiling at me. I smiled and continued to pet Norbert. Norbert had a dark blue streak on his back, not many of his kind have them so he is really unique. It nudged his head against my fingers, he must really like me. Yay! I made friends with a dragon! "Who's that?" Hagrid asked, looking out the window. I looked out the window to meet eyes with Draco but he quickly went away. 

"Malfoy." 

A/N

Sorry if I haven't been updating so much. I have been really busy with homework since it is slowly killing me. I will try to post more, I promise.

XOXO Author <33