~20~

At night, Harry and I went to the restricted section of the library using the invisibility cloak. We started our search on Nicholas Flamel. Harry got a book from the shelf and opened it, once he did, the pages became a face and Harry quickly closed it back up. "Any luck?" I whispered. Harry shook his head.

Suddenly someone spoke, "Who's there?!" It was Filch. Harry quickly grabbed the cloak but dropped the lantern and it broke, making a loud noise. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." Filch called. "Nice going smart pants." I whispered yelled. Harry shushed me and placed the cloak over the both of us.

Filch saw the lantern on the floor as he creeped around the corner. "Who is it? Show yourself!" He yelled. Harry and I ran out of the library. Once we got out, Mrs. Norris, the cat, was there. She started meowing and we ran as she followed us.

When we turned a corner, we saw Snape push Quirrell against the wall. "Severus...I-I thought..." He stuttered. Snape spoke, "You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." "W-what do you m-mean?" "You know perfectly well what I mean." Snape then turned to us.

Harry and I stopped breathing as Snape reached out and tried to grab the cloak. Harry and I backed away before he did so. He then wiped his finger to Quirrell. "We'll have another chat soon...when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." He finished. Then Filch walked around the corner, holding the broken lantern. "Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed." He said.

With those words, Harry and I quickly ran away from the scene. We went to the nearest room and closed the door. "I think we lost them." Harry said. I scanned the room and saw a mirror in the middle. "What's this?" I questioned, walking up to it. Harry stood next to me in front of it. Then our mum and dad appeared. Mine and Harry's eyes widened and we turned around to see nobody there.

"Is that... mum?" Harry questioned. She smiled and nodded. "...dad?" I asked, he smiled and nodded. Harry and I looked at each other and smiled. Dad reached out and grabbed Harry's shoulder then mum did the same to me.

"Ron." We said together and ran to go get him. I got in his room and woke him up. "Ron wake up! We need to show you something." I said, shaking him. He got up and I grabbed his hand and led him to the room.

Once we got there, I brought Ron to the front of the mirror, still holding his hand. Ron's face was red when I first grabbed his hand but now it's a lighter shade of red. "Look, It's our parents."  Harry beamed. "I only see me." Ron said. " Look in properly." I suggested. I let go of Ron's hand and we stepped out of mirror view. "Woah!" Ron beamed.

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good."  Ron spoke. When he said that, Harry and I's smiles disappeared. "Do you think this mirror shows the future?" He questioned. Harry and I frowned. "How can it?" "Both my parents are dead." I finished Harry's words.

The next day, we were in the Great Hall. Not everyone was there. I approached the Gryffindor table. "Hey guys.. I was wondering If I could sit here?" I asked them. Most of them being Weasleys. "Go ahead." I heard one of them say. I sat down in beside George on my right and Fred on my left.

"Do you like the necklace?" Fred whispered. "Yeah, thanks so much Fred. It's beautiful." I said, looking down at my neck. "No problem." He smiled. I noticed Harry sitting in front of the fire place. I stood up and sat beside Harry. "Hey.. is everything alright?" I asked. "I-" He got interrupted by Ron. 

"Want to play chess?" He asked. "No." Harry said. "Wanna go visit Hagrid?" I questioned. "No." "Harry, I know what you're thinking, but don't. There's something not quite right about that mirror." Ron said. Harry just nods and Ron leaves to go back to the table. 

Harry and I constantly went back to the mirror over the break. One day, we were in front of the mirror looking at our parents when someone else came in. "Back again, Harry? Lilianne?" We both turned to see Professor Dumbledore and we stood up. "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

Harry and I exchanged words. "So, then it shows us what we want?" "Whatever we want?" "Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you two, who have never known your family, you both see them standing beside you. But remember this, Kids. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, children, and forget to live." He responded.

A/N

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been updating.. I have been really busy with school these days. I will try my best to update again. Love yall <3