~17~

We were walking down a stone path with Hagrid. "It was Snape. He was jinxing your broom." I said. "Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asked. "Who knows?" "Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" I finished Harry's sentence.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid questioned. "Fluffy?" Ron spoke. "That thing has a name?" Hermione asked. Hagrid answered, "Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the.." He stopped.

"Yes?" Harry and I said together. "Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid said. "But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." I said. "Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid replied.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione spoke up. "Exactly." Harry and I said together, again. "Can you guys stop doing that, you sound like Fred and George." Ron said. "Sorry." We both said. "And don't you think it's strange that he only gave Ron detention alone, while Lily had to spend hers with Malfoy." Harry said. "Yeah, what's his game there?" Ron said. Hagrid chuckled a bit.

"He told me about that. He wanted them to be alone because he said history was repeating it self. Malfoy has..."He stopped again. "Has what?" I asked. "I shouldn't have said that. That's something Malfoy should tell you." He finished. "Anyways back to what Fluffy is guarding." I said, trying to go back to topic.

Hagrid sighed. "Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." "Nicholas Flamel?" I questioned. " I shouldn't said that. I should not have said that." And with that, he left.

"Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked. "I don't know, but I think I heard of it before." I said, trying to remember. "Let's go to the library. They have to have something there." Hermione suggested. We all agreed and went to the library to start our search.

(sorry for the short chapter and thank you for 100+reads! I hope u guys really enjoyed the story so far.)