~24~

All five of us were walking outside as Mr. Filch leads us to Hagrid's hut.  Draco was standing next to me as always while Hermione was the the other side of me. "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Filch said as Draco and I gulped.

"What the fu-" I said but got cut off by Hermione nudging me. "Lilianne!" She whispered yelled and I raised my hands up in defense. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Filch continued. We then approached Hagrid. He was carrying a crossbow and he was sniffing. " A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch said.

I looked at Hagrid. "What happened to Norbert?" I questioned. " Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." He said sadly. Awww. I felt a bit sad that Norbert is gone now. " Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione said, trying to comfort him.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."" Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch said, rolling his eyes at Hagrid.

Draco then spoke, "The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." Draco then jumped and grabbed my hand when he heard a howl. "..werewolves" He finishes. "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said. Draco tightens his grip he had on my hand. "Nighty-night." And with that, Filch left. 

Draco still had a grip on my hand and I smiled to myself a little. "Right. Let's go." Hagrid said. We all walked to the forest, Draco held my hand in one hand and the lantern in the other. Hagrid then stopped in front of a puddle of silver liquid. He bent down and touched it, rubbing it in between his fingers. "Hagrid, what's that?" Harry and I asked simultaneously. 

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is." Hagrid said. "I read about them." I said. " I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hagrid said. "Slaying a unicorn is just horrible. Who would want to hurt such a beautiful creature?" I frowned. Draco put his other hand on my shoulder for reassurance. 

Hagrid then got up and spoke, "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione and Draco you'll come with me." Hagrid said. "Harry, stay close to your sister." Harry nodded. I let go of Draco's hand and went to stand next to Harry. "Wait, shouldn't someone else go with them?" Ron asked. "To protect Lily in case something happens to Harry of course."

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much." I said, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, I think she is strong enough to stand on her own." Draco said. I smiled at him which he returned. "I know she is, but just in case." Ron insisted. I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine then, If you insist Ron." Hagrid said, nodding. Ron then stepped forward, proudly, about to say something when Hagrid interrupted him. "Draco, why don't you go with them."

I heard Harry groan in displeasure and I nudged him. "Of course, I would love too." Draco smirked. He walked up and went next to me. Ron looked disappointed at the current situation. "Alright then, you guys go that way while we go this way. Stay close to each other. " Hagrid said.

"Can we get Fang?" Draco asked. "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Hagrid responded. Fang whined so I pet him and tried to comfort him. "It's okay to be scared Fang, don't worry." I said. "I bet Malfoy is scared." Harry said. "I'm not scared, Potter." Draco spat.

Ron made a howling noise causing Draco to jump and wrap his arms around my waist. The trio started to laugh and I blushed a bit. "It's just Ron, Draco. No need to worry." I said. Draco looked at me and blushed then pulled away. "Come on, Lets go." He said. We were about to leave but then Hagrid spoke, "Oh and Lily, knife at the ready." I nodded and got out my knife and flipped it open.

A/N

Hello everyone! I am back. I have finally gotten energy to write. Ty for still reading this story. Love yall <33