Chapter 1

Gulf was seated with a group of boys doing their group home work in his house.

"Is school supposed to be this difficult when we are only 14 years olds?" Gulf complained throwing his pen on the table to stretch his back. They were seated on the floor surrounding the four corner table with text books and exercise books scattered all over the table.

"School was difficult for me when I was 10," Atid, a scrawny boy voiced and the boys laughed. To keep the jest going, Chet said, "it took you a decade? I was having difficulties when I was five."

The boys hollered but stopped when the door opened,

"I've brought some snacks for you boys."

"Maaaaeeeeee," Gulf acclaimed and the boys followed along,

"You're the best Mae," Chet praised, "that's why we always come here." He finished feigning guilt in his voice.

"Next time starve us so we won't come again Mae." Atid added.

Gulf playfully hit Atid, "asshole, this is all for me. Not you."

Gulf yelped aloud when he felt his back sting from a light slap,

"No swearing in my house," the mother scolded fondly.

"Maeee, it hurts. Are you even my mother?" Gulf complained.

"I'll let you be my mother." Atid didn't waste no time.

Gulf became defensive, "hey she's the only family I have."

Another slap landed on Gulf's back,

"You have a father too."

Chet laughed. "The pain of not sharing, do you feel it?"

"I can give you my dad. Mae is just for me."

Atid raised his hand excited, "I'll take the dad. I'll take the dad. He'll tutor me and I won't be having all these problems."

Atid and Chet were so outspoken and easy going. They were the closest to Gulf too. Whenever they started joking it kept on going.

Gulf looked at Atid with a slight frown, "if you want to feel lonely for the rest of your life have a father like mine."

"Gulf honey," Tida, the mother scolded. Gulf was giving away too much information to his friends but nobody could blame him. He was just being honest.

"He's always tutoring senior students that's why he is always not around. Being a teacher is really time consuming." Tida tried to defend her husband but Gulf was not having it.

He tried to smile but stopped trying, not wanting to force it.

"Guys let's finish this now." He called for everyone's attention.

The boys huddled together to concentrate but,

"Guys talking about Gulf dad reminded me of the rumor I heard yesterday." Chet whispered dramatically turning his head around to make eye contact with everyone.

Gulf sighed, "can't we-

Atid shut Gulf by placing his finger on Gulf's mouth. He beckoned Chet to continue.
Gulf opened his mouth wanting to protest but Atid put his finger in Gulf's mouth.

"Ptooey ptooey," Gulf was spitting disgusted by the salty finger that invaded his mouth rudely.

"I heard there's an unusual couple in our school."

Everyone sat back with disappointed sounds.

"There are couples everywhere." One boy commented

"But this one is illegal." Chet tried to gain their interest. Everyone's head came back in the circle and Chet continued, "A teacher is in love with a student. Someone in our class saw them holding hands."

They all sat back with sighs of disappointment again, "holding hands is not enough evidence to prove anything." Atid said.

"But if a teacher is holding hands with a student on school ground isn't it illegal?"

"What if the girl is a minor?" Gulf asked.

"That's what makes this story rumor worthy."

"Let's just finish our school work. I want to play video games." Gulf stated and the boys agreed to get serious this time at the mention of games.

Chet gave them all the answers to the problems and they got done in five minutes after 70minutes of trying.

Everyone's temperature rose slowly as he dished out answers like he was reciting the number line. As soon as they were done it was an unspoken agreement.

Everyone grabbed an object and started hitting Chet for wasting their time.

The day ended with the kids sprawled all over the room feeling tired. Chet sore from group hitting. And the video game forgotten.