Chapter 10

Monday morning, Chet and Atid were waiting for Gulf infont of his lecture room.

"He's coming you better do right." Atid whispered when he saw Gulf coming. "Hey Gulf," he greeted more enthusiastic than necessary.

"Hey Tid,"

"Hey Gulf," Chet calmly greeted,

"Hey man," Gulf greeted back.

"I'm sorry for blowing off last time. That was so wrong of me and I kinda overstepped my boundaries. I'm sorry."

"It's no biggie."

"No it is. I miss you. I've missed you for 6 good years. I feel like I'm losing you again."

"I've just been caught up with moving in,"

"Wait you went back home already?" Atid pinched Chet after his remarks.

"Yes I did." Gulf responded with a straight face.

"You don't seem excited about it. See that's what I was worried about Gulf."

"I'll be ok."

"What did he say? Did he insult you?" Chet was being overprotective Bestfriend.

"No it's nothing serious. I feel like I need it so I can untangle all the bad feelings I have for him."

"And you think you can accomplish that by being with him in the same vicinity?" Chet questioned.

"I know what I'm doing Chet." Gulf replied.

"Do you? You totally seem like you don't." Chet challenged.

"Get in class gentleman," the lecturer instructed.

Gulf smiled and went in class.

Chet and Atid walked to their respective classrooms not before Atid said,

"It'll be ok Chet. He is a strong man now."

Chet shook his head. "No he's not. He may act like it but we both know he's faking it. Deep down we know Gulf is an emotional mess that's why this façade is disconcerting."

After school Gulf headed to work. His demeanor screamed unapproachable.

"Are you ok Gulf?" His supervisor asked as Mew came in.

"Yes I'm ok, why do you ask?" Gulf asked surprised by the inquiry.

"You have a frown on your face." The supervisor pointed out.

"Oh, today's classes were confusing I guess I'm still confused about what I learnt today."

The supervisor laughed and went on his business.

"Is it really school?"

"Yeah it is."

"You don't have to lie to me you know? Are they your friends?"

"No we're good now. We talked today and they apologized." Gulf revealed.

"Great. That's great to hear." Mew said nodding his head.

"Yeah."

The rest of the day went by and Gulf was not engaging Mew like he used to. His mind was filled to the brim with the thought of his mother. He hadn't stopped thinking about her since that night.

Mew kept on side glancing but Gulf was not in the mood. He wondered why he was acting like that when the last time they met they had a good time.

Every time he tried to talk to Gulf, Gulf just brushed him off or dismissed him with the excuse of being tied up.