Chapter 22

Mew rushed to the nearest pharmacy. He asked for fever reducing medicine first. This was easy.

Then he explained the next medicine with a little too much detail.

"I have a friend and he has a cut on his thigh, and it's inflamed. It hasn't been treated for a couple of days and I would like treatment for that."

"I suggest that you take your friend to the hospital." The pharmacist recommended.

"No." Mew flatly refused.

"It may not only be drugs that your friend needs. Self harming is a psychological issue and if not treated it'll become a detrimental habit. Your friend might encounter loss of blood and constant fevers. If the wounds are not effectively treated, infection might cause other diseases too."

"Can I have the medicine please?" Mew didn't need the consultation right now.

The pharmacist packed the necessary medicine for infection and bandages too. He asked Mew
if he needed anxiety pills and Mew said yes.

It was a lot more than Mew expected. He ran back to Gulf's home and found him groaning in pain.

He washed the wound with betadine just like the pharmacist advised after draining all the pus. He applied medicine on the gruesome skin neatly torn open but swollen shut. It was too much for Mew. The smell of flesh was disturbing but he did his best to treat the wound. After he was done he mixed fever reducing medicine with water and made gulf drink it. He covered a naked gulf with a light fleece blanket he found in his bedroom.

A few hours later Gulf woke up feeling weak. His head was on Mew's lap so when he turned looking around, he saw Mew sleeping facing the ceiling.

He was startled.

Why was Mew in his home? He sat up and the blanket fell from his naked torso. For a minute he got worried about having sex again so he looked down under the blanket and saw his underwear was still on but the dressing on his thigh looked different.

"Nong you're awake?" Mew asked with a yawn.

"What are you doing here?" Gulf asked covering himself.

"You almost fainted on the stairs."

"How did you know I was on the stairs?" Gulf asked looking around for his clothes.

"I followed you home." Mew was so cool about it.

"Phi," Gulf was not pleased.

Mew straightened up and faced Gulf, "Nong we need to talk." he said seriously.

"I don't need to talk to you about anything." Gulf was feeling self conscious.

"It's either you talk to me or you go see a therapist."

"My mind is working great thank you very much."

"You're self harming." Mew argued.

"That's invasion of privacy and I don't appreciate it phi..." Gulf said covering himself some more.

"You collapsed on the stair case. Nong. I brought you home when we were strangers did you think I was going to leave you on the stairs?"

"What do you want?" Gulf questioned.

"I want to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Everything." Mew answered.

"I have nothing to say to you?"

"What are you afraid of?" Because Mew could see the fear in Gulf's eyes.