Chapter 11

A month later, Mew and Gulf were now in a relationship. Gulf had mustered time management. Between school, work, hanging out with his friends and hanging out with Mew he was surely doing the most.

Back at home he was avoiding his father and his boyfriend. He went in and out and never really stayed long enough to eat or hang around unless it was sleeping and washing.

Atid and Chet became more secretive than before. They ditched Gulf on Fridays and hungout with him on Sundays. This was because Saturdays were MewGulf date days but no one knew.

In the month that Mew and Gulf had been together, everything seemed to be going well. Or Gulf thought. He had successfully turned down Mew's invite to his house every single time with excuses of assignments that were due or studying or not feeling too well. They had done nothing but occasional smooches and pecks here and there. If Gulf was feeling bold enough they would make out for just over a minute and that was it and it had happened once at the club a month ago.

It was really hard on Mew. He had expectations and none of them were met. He started questioning everything again. Was it even real? He had had a few relationships growing up and none of them were like this. He was an attractive person both physically and sexually so he wondered what was wrong this time.

He was drinking in a club on a Friday night, the sexual drought prompting him to just hookup with a random stranger he finds next. It felt like the alcohol had kicked in and was now working. He could do it and Gulf would not know. Hell he would not care at all. He didn't want to come to his house and he never talked about his.

He raised his hand for a refill when he saw Atid and Chet walking in hugging. They paused and kissed right on the lips and they smiled. They looked happy and so care free only until they realized Mew was in the room staring at them.

The smiles on their faces wiped off as they nervously approached the familiar stranger.

"Hi, Gulf's coworker right?"

"Yes Mew,"

Chet flinched at the name, "I'm Chet and he is Atid."

"Nice to finally know you Gulfs friends."

"Yeah," Chet said playing with his hands nervously. "About what you saw can you please keep this a secret from Gulf?"

Mew chuckled amused, "why are you keeping this a secret. I'm sure you guys have been going out for a while now. Don't you think he'll understand? He most certainly will."

"Do you even know Gulf?" Atid asked scoffing at Mew's conviction.

"Yes I do. Isn't he open minded to gays?" Mew carefully asked trying not to out Gulf to his friends. Surely there was hide and seek going on between the three.

Atid gaped at his statement. "Open minded?"

Chet stepped in, "Gulf loathes homosexuals. Especially Gay people. He doesn't even want to hear about that conversation so don't bring it up with him. He has a past trauma with gays and he just doesn't want to be involved in the topic."

Mew wondered if they were talking about the same Gulf. "Do you mean the Gulf we saw last time together?"

"Yes that Gulf. Gulf kanawut."

"He doesn't like gay people?" Mew laughed at the joke.

"He despises gay people with all the hatred there is. That's why we would like to ask you to keep this a secret from him. We're his only friends and him knowing about us would not end up well."

Mew wanted to give advice but all his strength just vanished.

"Is he dating someone?" He asked miserably.