Chapter 4

At the funeral hall, Gulf looked sullen. He had spent days of not eating prior to his mother passing. Now the sight of food just made his stomach churn. His body was just of a 14 year old and it was holding so much garbage and stress.

Chet and Atid showed up and tried to comfort him and give him food but he was not having it. They were only kids so they had to give him space to mourn her mother. She was the world to him. She was the only one he had. They realized now the reason why his father was distant to them was because he was hiding a lethal secret.

Gulf left the room to go pee. He wondered why he was having the urge to pee when he didn't eat or drink anything. He opened the bathroom door and peed. He washed his hands and left the room.

Or he thought he left.

He was thinking of how his mother scolded him for not using soap to wash his hands that he got stuck in front of the door. His mind wouldn't come out of his imagination. The door to the stall opened and that startled him. He looked back and saw his father come out of the stall.

Oh he was here. Gulf thought.

Right in his heels was the boy from last time. Cleaning was looked to be cum from his pants, "you should've been careful," he said and bumped into the shocked man standing still. He looked up and opened his mouth with shock. Last time he hadn't known about him but now he knew Gulf was the son he got ashamed.

"You are just the worst."

Gulf said feeling the last drop of respect fall right on the floor.

He left.

After the funeral, Gulf packed his clothes and his mother's valuables. Whilst he was packing his mother's clothes, he came across his college fund bank account and high school fund account. He never knew his mother had that. He was glad he found it first. He took all their pictures and left to his grandma's. She lived out of the city and that's what he needed. He never heard from his father again.

6 years later,

Gulf transferred schools after his grandmother passed away. She was old and loosing her hurt but not as much as his first loss.

He was in his 2nd year of university and he felt like he needed some change of scenery. He decided to go back home. Not home the house but home the city. He had been doing well. He was working whilst in school but he left everything and transferred to a University where he had initially wanted to go with Chet and Atid. It was easy transferring his credits and all. However he needed to add on extra some classes to match the requirements for the university.

His first day went well. He got his tour and then he attended classes. He was walking out the school when he saw someone he thought he was never going to see again.

The person saw him too and the unbelievable face that he made as he recognized Gulf was priceless.

He started shaking his head his hand on his mouth.

Gulf could see him say no way.

He smiled and mouthed yes way. He got goosebumps as Chet hugged him tight patting his back repeatedly muttering, "I don't believe this."

Chet came out of the hug with the biggest smile, "You came back home."

Gulf knew exactly what Chet was saying.

"Yes I came back home." He said with a proud smile.

"I missed you so much Gulf." Chet Hughes him again.

"I missed you too Chet." He said hugging his Bestfriend again.

"Yo, if someone sees you they'd think you're......get out of here." Atid said stepping away.
"hooooiiiiiiiiii" he lunged at Gulf in a hug and all the time he was just screaming in Gulf's ears.