Chapter 25

"I told you he was an emotional mess. I told you we should've waited. We shouldn't have came out to him. We shouldn't have argued with him about the past" Atid was shaking expressing his regret. His hands, coated with blood, just reminded him how serious this issue was. They had pushed Gulf to the edge when they clearly knew he had a trauma.

"Tid this isn't our fault. This is no one's fault. This is Gulf's way of solving problems which clearly isn't the best. This is between the two of them." Chet explained trying to shift the blame.

"What happened? What could've happened?" Atid wondered clenching his hands together nervously.

Mew and his supervisor arrived panting.

"Nong?" He asked Chet.

Chet stood up, "they are operating on him."

Mew sat down in the waiting room and held his face.

"What happened phi? We left him with you what happened in that short time we left?" Chet asked hovering over Mew.

Mew couldn't speak. He gave him an ultimatum. How could he say that?

Self discovery wasn't something that happened overnight and Mew had forced Gulf to discover himself in a minute. He was wrong and now Gulf almost took his life.

"Phi explain what happened? What did you say to him?"

Before he could answer, Gulf's father came in the waiting room.  "Gulf," he called looking around.

"He is in the operating room." Chet answered.

When it happened, Chet had called Mew and Mew called Donald.

They all gathered in the room.

"Donald!" A stylish man ran to Donald and gave him a hug. "What happened?" He asked looking around anxiously.

"He cut his wrist they said," everyone could feel the pain in Donald's voice.

"Oh my poor baby," Quensly lamented and Chet and Atid only watched. Atid found him familiar. That's the man he saw at the supermarket with Gulf's father.

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I'm Gulf's immediate supervisor and I thought I should come and see if he's ok." The supervisor comforted. 

"Thank you so much for coming. I appreciate the concern." Donald said and approached Mew. He tapped him twice and as soon as Mew looked up, Donald walked out of the room and Quensly only watched.

Chet and Atid watched them walk away and they looked at each other worried.

"What happened?" Donald asked as soon as they found some privacy.

"I shouldn't have left him alone." Mew was blaming himself.

"What happened? Why is trying to end his life?" The father asked again feeling suffocated with worry.

Mew's forehead was scrunched with pain as he said, "Phi he is not well."

"What's wrong? I thought things were going well?"

"No. Nothing has been going well ever since that night." The night they met again.

"Just what happened to my son? Nong I can't lose him too."

Mew began pacing up and down trying to gather his thoughts.

"He hasn't gotten over the death of his mother phi that's why he let us meet again. It was a revenge plan but it failed. Feelings got involved and he can't accept that."