Chapter 6

Mew ran out hoping to get the guy before he left but he was gone. He was on his way back when he saw Kip,

"I knew you were that kind but I didn't know you fucked people for money." He insulted a smile present on his face

"What are you talking about?  Did you make him pay you? I said I was going to pay in a week."

"Don't be acting innocent. Your man came to me threatening to cut my balls if I barge in your place like that again. I told him you are slacking in rent and he paid two months worth of rent."

Mew shook his head bothered. "Why? Why would he?"

"Because you fucked him duh,"

Mew walked away from Kip. He went back to his apartment still wondering why would kanawut do that. Is that why they say one good turn deserves another? Was this it?

The following days, Mew went back to the bar hoping to see kanawut. He wanted to atleast express his gratitude and promise to pay him back. He wanted to let him know he was planning on changing his job so then he could pay back. Every chance he got, Mew visited the pub hoping to see kanawut but he disappeared into thin air.

Gulf had forgotten his encounter with Mew. In his mind, the story of his father still lingered. Tormenting him with questions he had no answers to.

One thing he kept on wishing was his father better not be living in their house with his boyfriend. In the house that his mother used to live. In their family house.

He needed to see it for himself. He needed to calm his mind by getting the answers.

Friday he finished his school early and went to the house on his way to work.

As soon as he stood in front of the door, memories just flooded his mind. He remembered barging in the house after a long day of school and being welcomed by the sweetest smile of his mother. He sighed and knocked on the door respectfully.

The door opened and a man came out laughing,  "Hi what can I do for you today?"

"Who is at the door darling?"

Gulf heard his father's voice and his face twitched at the endearment.

"Excuse me," the man called for his attention and all Gulf could do was stand there speechless.

The door opened wide and his father came out. The man he used to call father stared at him for a minute clueless and then the familiarity kicked in.

"Gulf? Is that really you?" He asked surprised.

Gulf nodded.

"Gulf your son?" The unfamiliar man cut in. "Please come in." He pulled Gulf in the house and as he walked in, the place looked different

Everything was new.

In the spot where his parent's wedding picture used to be, a new picture was there. A picture of two males in suits.

He saw the man go in what used to be his parent's bedroom and he chuckled in disbelief. It was like his father had been waiting to evict them from his life. There was no picture of Gulf in the house.  He wondered how the other man knew about him. 

"Gulf, when did you return?" His father questioned placing a cup of water on the table.

As if you knew where I'd gone. Gulf thought.

"It's so good to see you son." He said with fake happiness.

Gulf clenched his teeth irritated.

"Your father is always talking about you Gulf," the man came back and took a seat next to his father almost siting on his lap.

"Uhm, Gulf meet my partner. His name is Queen." His father introduced.

What a strange name. Gulf thought.

"I like to call myself queen but my real name is quensly." Quensly was over excited about little things.

Gulf just looked at them. His father smiled and held Quensly's thigh fondly.

"I'll get going." He said getting up.

"Already? Let me make you something to eat."

"Some other time." Gulf excused and left. He had work to get to. He wished he had not gone there before work. He felt tormented even more. He felt like he had something sitting on his chest. He kept on hitting his chest as if suffering from indigestion.

"Oh Gulf," he heard his supervisor welcome him. "We have a new employee. Please come meet him. We figured we needed a permanent employee since there's too much work for you. And since we can't have you all day, it'll lessen the burden on both sides."

"Fair enough." Gulf responded following his supervisor to his work desk. Right opposite his work desk a new one was there.

"Oh where did he go?" The supervisor looked around.

"Are you looking for me?"

They heard a voice ask behind them and they turned around.

"Gulf meet Mew Suppasit. He is the new employee. This is Gulf kanawut. He is our part timer. He is still in college that's why he comes in the afternoon sometimes in the morning as long as he works 5 hours per day."

"We meet again. GULF KANawut." The emphasis on gulf's name told the supervisor that these two knew each other.

"Ok I'll leave you guys to catch up. You seem familiar with each other."

"Would you like to grab some drinks at the machine?" Mew asked wanting to have a private chat.

"Sure."

The two males walked to the vending machine.

"Do you do that often?" Mew asked

"Work part time?"

"Pay for stranger's rent?"

"I was feeling generous." Gulf replied receiving a can of soda from Mew.

"I'll pay you back." Mew promised.

"You already did."

"I did? When?"

"You let me stay at your place and gave me a shower clothes and food."

"No that can't be it. It's not even half of what you did for me."

"You really want to pay me back?"

Gulf asked and Mew nodded. Gulf looked around and saw no one present. He walked in Mew's personal space. Mew wanted to step back but Gulf embraced him in a hug.

"I'm having a really bad day today and I need someone to be there for me. I'm too embarrassed to share this with my friends. I can't ask them for hugs too. So it'll be nice to have someone embrace me for once and tell me everything is going to be ok."

Mew hesitated but Gulf made himself comfortable in the hug and he had no intention of coming out soon. His mouth was placed right next to Mew's ear. His deep breathing fanning Mew's ear.

Gulf felt Mew's hand on his back after a while. He was surprised by how nice it felt.

He was coming out of the hug when Mew pulled him back in his arms with a gentle squeeze.

This time Mew's mouth went on Gulf's ear and started breathing into it.  Gulf hiccuped surprised by the counter attack.

Slowly in a whisper Mew asked,

"But Gulf, have we met before?"