Chapter 35

Two years later,

Gulf was dressed up in a suit getting his things ready when his phone rang. He answered it right away and put it on speaker.

"Ok Cinderella , are you ready for your carriage?" Mild asked,

"I'm ready fairy god mother. Please be here in 30 minutes." Gulf responded packing his bag.

"Use the deo I bought for you last time. It's ideal for the situation."

"Are you trying to claim me friend?" He asked with a tease.

"You've been claimed already, see you in a few."

"Hurry up." Gulf answered and ended the call.

He took his graduation gown and made sure there were no wrinkles on it. He put it on a hanger and covered it neatly placing it by the door.

Exactly 30 minutes later, Mild knocked at Gulf's door and Gulf was coming out with his backpack and hanger.

"I'll get that," Mild said getting the hanger with the graduation suit. "Are we picking up Chet and Atid?"

"No, they said they'll meet us there. Will probably see them after the ceremony."

Gulf looked back in the back seat, "you didn't get me something?"

"What, you wanted me to buy you flowers or something? That gay shit?"

Gulf lightly slapped Mild's shoulder with a baby frown on his face.

"You're going to get us in an accident and ruin the surprise."

"What surprise?" Gulf's eyes lit up.

"I have a trunk full of flowers and a message that's going to fly out but will end up hanging in air,"

Gulf cringed hard, "that gay shit?"

"Well you love gay shit,"

"Please no." Gulf held his face in fake anguish.

"I'm just kidding. What did the company say, are they going to hire you permanently?"

"They said they need to speak to my professor before finalizing that."

"But you've been working there for a year."

"HR formalities. So please sell me when they call you."

"Why would they call?" Mild asked momentarily confused until he got it, "Aren't you supposed to tell me first before you make that decision?"

"That's why I'm asking now p' mhmm,"

"You're so sneaky I love it." Mild said making the final turn and they were there. Gulf got out after Mild had parked the car which he succeeded after 10 minutes of looking for an empty parking spot. Mild escorted him to class and left after patting him on his back.

The ceremony took a while but when it came to an end, Gulf found himself receiving flowers from Chet and Atid.

"Congratulations," they said taking turns hugging him.

"Thank you." Gulf replied.

"Are we going to get wasted tonight?" Chet asked bouncing his eyebrows excited.

"No one is getting wasted." Mild said joining the group of friends handing Gulf some pretty flowers and pecking him on his cheek with a congratulatory message.

Chet winced and looked at Atid suspicious.

The boundaries between the two were getting small and they couldn't tell if they had overstepped that boundary. They hoped not.