Back and Forth

You pulled Johnny's car up next to the nearest telephone booth and practically leapt out of the automobile.

You quickly dialed Ali's house number that she had given you earlier on in the week. "Come on... pick up, pick up."

With the phone pressed to your ear, you started to feel nauseous. It rang a few times before ultimately, you realized that nobody was going to answer well past three in the morning.

"Dang it!" You slammed the phone back onto its hook and raked your fingers through your hair.

There was nothing you could do but hope that Johnny would stop by the record shop tomorrow.

Well... today.

Grunting, you stepped out of the phone booth and tried to think of another option. It's not like you knew where Johnny lived, so you couldn't even drive there and knock down his door, demanding to switch the cars back. Ali was your one shot at getting his address. There was simply nowhere else to turn to.

Except to your left.

You sighed, a mixture of both fear and relief when you realized that the phone booth you were in, was directly across the street from the Cobra Kai dojo. The lights were on, pouring out into the street. Your car wasn't parked in the lot, so Johnny wasn't there. Who could possibly be at the dojo at this time?

You had hoped that whoever was inside, knew how to find Johnny.

You tried the door, not knowing how to react when it actually opened. Immediate sounds of grunting and yelling came from the back. Walking into the main area quietly, you saw a man standing on the mat with his back to you. His face could barely be seen in the mirror from where you were standing.

It was the sensei.

You looked to the wall and saw his plaque again. Reminding yourself of his name, you read it multiple times over.

John Kreese.

He paused his practice and turned to you slowly. You had hoped he had just caught a glimpse of you in the long mirror, otherwise you would've assumed he sensed your presence.

"Isn't this just a lovely surprise," he grinned, "you again."

You opened your mouth to speak, but he held up a finger to silence you.

"Isn't it a little late to be out? Alone..."

"I'm just looking for someone."

He laughed. "The same someone you were in here looking for before?"

"Yes, actually." You fidgeted with your hands. "I was wondering if you know where Johnny Lawrence lives."

"And why should I tell you that information?"

"Because he stole my car."

Sensei Kreese wasn't exactly expecting that response. He seemed taken aback for a moment. Satisfied, he laughed to himself.

"That Lawrence, always striking first."

You looked over his shoulder at the clock on the wall. It was now 3:37.

"Look," you huffed, "it's pretty late and I need to get home. Do you know where he lives?"