Wicked Intentions

The days continued to drag on. You couldn't tell if you wanted this to last any longer, or if you simply wanted to get it over with.

But one thing was for sure. The promise to erase the timeline gave you a newfound confidence.

The cobras tried to test their limits, asking you multiple times if you wanted to go and watch them practice. Ever since Kreese threatened you to stay out of his dojo, your answer was always no. But when you finally said yes, the cobras had to pinch themselves. Dramatically, they looked to each other with wide eyes.

After school, you went with them to practice. You climbed out of the passenger seat of Johnny's car while the boys pushed to get over each other in the back. Their complaints about being squished were silenced when Johnny told them they weren't worthy of the front seat whenever you were around. It was reserved for you.

As much as you wanted to laugh, you felt as though every last bit of emotion drained from your body. The moment you stepped out of the car, your eyes caught sight of a glimmer in the parking lot. The realization of what it was made your heart drop to your toes.

You immediately started to have flashbacks to the night in the record shop parking lot. A car barreling toward you, full speed ahead.

That same car was parked in the Cobra Kai parking lot now, sitting pretty with the sun reflecting off of it magnificently. You felt as though it was taunting you, threatening to recreate that nightmare all over again.

The boys were too busy bickering in a joking manner to see the car. You gulped, trying to pull your eyes away from it. Silently, you followed the boys into the dojo.

You all were exceptionally early. Not another soul was in sight. As the boys headed for the locker room, Johnny stayed behind.

"Do you want me to stay with you? I can always change whenever they get back from the locker room." He whispered.

His kind gesture made your heart swell. He knew you didn't want to be alone. But your mind spoke before your heart. "No, I'm fine. Go ahead."

He nodded his head with a grin before following the boys out of the room.

The only audible sounds you could hear belonged to the buzzing air conditioning and your pounding heartbeat. The ticking of the clock reminded you that time was indeed still in progress. Which meant you were still in danger. Just by being in the dojo, you were in harm's way.

The next noise your ears found, did not belong to an inanimate object. Instead, you heard two distinct voices whispering nearby. Your eyes traveled the span of the room, looking for any signs of life.

When your gaze fell upon a cracked door, your heart stopped beating. From where you were standing, you could see a sliver of Kreese's body propped up against his desk. He had his arms crossed, but you you could not see his facial expressions. But more importantly, you couldn't see who he was talking to.

"With the All Valley approaching, we are running out of time." Kreese said venomously, "if we want to secure our win, we have to eliminate the distraction."

The next voice was sinister, sending a chill down your spine as they spoke.

"Oh, John. You don't really doubt me, do you?"

"I know you'll find a way." You could hear the sly grin in Kreese's response, "you have to redeem yourself after last time."

"If John Lawrence wasn't there, I would have finished the job."

"But you didn't. My niece is still waltzing around where she shouldn't be. In order for that trophy to be ours, we have to make sure she is out of the picture for good."