Dear In Headlights

The next few days, you continued to go over to Mr. Miyagi's.

He taught you more and more, things you never understood why you would need them in the first place. For now, it was just bonding time with a man who took on your father figure role.

Having Mr. Miyagi felt like your father was still with you. Ever since you discovered he had taught him, everything began to fall into place. Your father could have learned these same techniques that Mr. Miyagi was teaching you now.

"Your father," Mr. Miyagi had said, "learned Miyagi pressure point in time of need. I planned to keep secret, keep him safe, but was inevitable. Uncle insist on war, your father came to me. Uncle need stopped, so father learned to stop. He never once wanted to use skill, but had to anyway. It was only way to keep safe. Keep you safe too."

"But I don't understand, Mr. Miyagi. Why did Kreese want to hurt me so badly?"

"Never said he wanted to hurt."
•••
You continued on with your week as normal. You hung around the cobras, went out on shopping trips with Ali, and you helped around the record shop.

Although, your mother was not very pleased at how little you were there. Especially considering you promised to help out.

"Doll, it's getting pretty serious now. I need you here. I can't do all of this on my own! Do you know how many people loved and adored your grandfather? Now that the shop is back open, we have people coming in left and right."

"I know, ma. I'm sorry."

"You said that last time."

As you stood in the back of the record shop with your mother, you sighed. Looking out over the crowd of customers, you nodded your head.

"No more funny games," you agreed, "I'll be here."

"Good... look, hon. I'm sorry to do this to you, and you know that. It's just... this place is the whole reason we are here in California. I know you're making friends, and that is great sweetheart, but you have to understand there's priorities here. I've let this go on long enough. December is rolling around soon. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Now go show off your music knowledge to those customers."

With a wink and a nudge, she pushed you gently forward. You moved around the counter, heading toward a figure in the rock section.

"Hello, sir. Is there anything I can help you with?"

But when the figure turned around, you saw the face of Marty McFly.

"Marty! Hi!" You laughed, "we can't keep running into each other like this, you know."

"Yeah, I know. I know." He held his hands up in surrender.

"So," you smiled, "how have you been?"

He put down the record in his hand and looked at you solemnly. "Honestly... not so good."

"Why? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"No... not yet."

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Marty... what's going on?"

He sighed, "you know I can't tell you. But I can warn you."

You released a shaky breath, but tried your hardest to remain calm. "Shoot."

Marty took a good look around, making sure that nobody was listening. He leaned in, whispering in a way that sent chills down your spine.