Honesty Is The Best Policy

Your return to school was filled with lingering questions.

It had only been two days since the accident, but word must have got out about the crash when both you and Johnny were absent the day before. As you walked the halls, you were fearful of coming face to face with him.

But he wasn't there.

The cobras however, were indeed present. They practically sprinted to your side.

"Are you okay?!" Bobby shouted.

"We heard what happened and couldn't believe it." Tommy exclaimed.

Dutch held up your injured arm, but Jimmy swatted his hand away. "Easy with it man."

"I am going easy, idiot."

You laughed nervously and pulled your hand away from the boys. "I'm fine, you guys. Thanks for checking on me."

"What about Johnny?" He looked back and forth between you and the guys, "is he alright?"

Your eyebrows furrowed together. "You mean... you haven't seen him?"

"No," Tommy frowned, "he didn't show up to practice yesterday or anything."

"We think he's crashing at Sensei's place," Dutch chimed in, "one things for sure, he's definitely not spending quality time at home with his step daddy."

"Shut up, Dutch."

"I'm just telling the truth, Bobby!"

"Yeah, well she doesn't need to hear it."

They spoke as if you weren't there, and it made you grimace. Johnny was staying with Kreese?

"Maybe he's just getting the car fixed." Jimmy lightened the mood.

"He did say there were only a few dents." You made your contribution to the conversation.

"Yeah..." Bobby said, still clearly hesitant on buying the idea, "maybe that's all it is."

Behind you, a frantic voice called your name. You turned to see Ali pushing through the crowd of people, Daniel following close behind her. Susan and Barbara took their time getting through the sea of people.

"Oh my gosh!" Ali exclaimed as she examined your arm, "so it is true! You did get hurt. Ugh, when I heard about the cast I thought that it was just some sick, twisted rumor."

"I'm fine, Ali."

"I swear when I get my hands on Johnny-"

"There will be no need for that!" You shouted quickly.

"Hey," Susan nudged Ali, "where is he, anyway?"

After what Johnny had told you about Susan and Barbara faking their friendship with you, their mannerisms unfortunately started to make sense. For instance, they were trying to bring Johnny up into conversation with Ali as if she cared about where he was.

"I don't know," Ali said sternly, "but when I find him, he's gonna pay-"

"Ali!" You cut her off.

"What?"

"Thank you for caring so much but I'm okay, really. You don't need to make Johnny pay."

"You sure? Because I will."

"I'm positive."

Susan and Barbara looked at each other wide eyed. Their plan clearly wasn't working. They couldn't get Ali and Johnny back together if she wanted to wring his neck like a towel.