Chapter 21: Appointment

Clay POV
I was a little confused when George wanted to speak to me on my own but I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity.

I really wanted to talk to him too. I sit down on his bed and wait for him to talk.

"I'm putting the past behind us for now, I have a uh doctors appointment and I wanted you to come with me" he asks.

"Sure whatever your more comfortable with and of course I'll come with you" I smile and that seems to lift a weight off of his shoulders.

"Thank you, I just didn't want to go on my own" he looks down and fiddles with his hands. I stand up and go over to him.

"You'll never be on your own, I promise I'll always be  here" I rest my head on his from behind and wrap my hands round his front chest.

"I've missed you" I say and he tilts his head up to look at me. "Me too" he responds, both of us enjoying the company of the other person.

"We should probably get going" he says and I nod, following him down the stairs.

We say our goodbyes and get into my car that my mum drove us here in. It wasn't long before we were off on the road.

"So what's the appointment for?" I ask "Oh they just have to do like a medical check, see what needs attending to and what doesn't" he explains and I nod.

I pull up outside the hospital, getting out of the car and waiting for George. It was still surreal to me that he was actually here with me right now.

Once he gets out of the car he walks over to me. Both of us walking inside to the front desk. "Appointment for Georgenotfound?" I ask and they point to a door across the hall.

I feel an arm wrap around mine and look down to see George, clinging onto me as he looks at all of the people surrounding us. I see that he is severely uncomfortable and walk us towards the door.

"It's alright I won't let anyone hurt you" I say, almost as a whisper but loud enough for George to hear. "Okay" was the only response I got.

I walk us inside the room, a doctor sat at his desk with files and paperwork, most likely for George. "You must be George, please come sit, your friend can take a seat beside you" he greets, George unwillingly let go of my arm and sat down as I sat down in a chair beside him.

"Right before we get started I need you to change into this" he hands George what seemed to be just white cloth. He goes behind the curtain and comes back out 10 minutes later with it on.

He looked terrified. "Is there any injuries you know you have?" he asks and George just shakes his head. "Well let's have a look" the first thing he spots is a cut going straight across his palm. The doctor took notes of all the bruises and smaller cuts on his legs and arms.

"Okay could you lift up the fabric so I can take a look at your thighs" the doctor asked. "My thighs are fine" George quickly snaps back. "I need to take a look so I can note it down for the police" he asks.

"Note down that my that thighs are clear then" George snaps back. "I'm sorry but it's part of procedure" George now looked about ready to cry and run out of the place.

"F-fine" he spits, reluctantly lifting the fabric to reveal his thighs. They were covered in darker bruises, claw marks, cuts and burns. Some of the bruising even looked like hickeys.

I look back up from his thighs to see a tear falling from his now tightly closed eyes. I take his hand and brush my thumb over his knuckles but that doesn't seem to shift his mood.

Once the doctor was done, all of the cuts had been attended to and the bruising was noted, George's thighs being wrapped in bandages as well.

I tried to talk to George but he was now deathly silent, instead I decided to do the one thing I thought would cheer him up.

I stopped off at the milkshake bar, dragging George inside with me. I paid for a chocolate milkshake to go and gave him it, sitting in the car park outside for a few moments.

"Thank you Dream" he smiled at me, the name made my heart beat faster, it had been ages since I heard it.

"Clay don't fall asleep on me!" George laughed trying to shove the heavier boy off of him. "Hey fuckface open your eyes" George added, then stopping when a blue tinted light shone down on Clay's face.

"I know your awake" George smiled, Clay couldn't help but smile back, opening an eye to look at George. "I was having a nice dream" Clay pouts and George rolls his eyes. "You always end up with the best dreams"

Clay went back to resting his head on George's shoulder. "Dream wake up- I mean Clay- Wait" George stumbles upon his words, mixing them up. "DREAM!" Clay reluctantly looks up at him "What?" He asks confused.

"Your nickname is now Dream, get used to it" Clay rolls his eyes and rests back down on George's shoulder. "Sweet dreams Dream" George smiles, Clay soon enough falling asleep.