Chapter 119: Silent Room

Karl POV

I ended my stream after a few hours, hunger growing in my stomach. I pull out my phone ready to order take out, putting in my order for a Chinese. Before ordering I get up the group chat, deciding to ask the others if they wanted anything.

The Dick Grabbers

Karl: I'm ordering Chinese, do any of you want anything?

George: Yeah I'll honestly eat anything I'm so hungry

Bad: Sure, Skeppy and I will take some food

Sapnap: Yeah order enough for everyone, we haven't eaten either

Karl: Okay I'll order a bit of everything

I swipe away the messages as I start to place an order, my mind couldn't help but spiral at thought of Sapnap's message. 'We'. I place the order and sit back in my chair.

Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I bring my knees up to my chest. I'm supposed to be happy, we've all moved in and I'm in a relationship with the two people I've liked for the longest time. I even got George back after everything.

I get up from my seat and wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie, leaving my computer as I make my way downstairs. Bad was sitting in the living room as I join him, his face perking up.

"Hey! Did you get the food ordered?" He asks and I smile. "Yeah, it'll be here in 45 minutes to an hour, what're you up to?" I ask. "Oh I'm just watching those muffin heads have fun" he says, looking off into the direction of outside. I could see Sapnap, Dream and Skeppy all chilling in a hot tub.

"If you ask me I think they've been waiting to use that thing for too long, I'm glad they finally are even if it is getting late" He turns back round to look at me. "I saw you were streaming earlier, how was it?" he asks. "It was good, I spoke with Tommy, Foolish and Wilbur"

"How are they? I haven't been on the SMP for a few days, I was thinking about streaming on it soon" he asks. "They're all doing great and so are their channels, even Tubbo is making a lot of content"

"Karl?" I look away from my conversation with Bad to see Quackity hovering in the door way. "Yeah?" I ask, feeling my body heat up. "Could I borrow you for a moment?" I look back over to Bad who gives me a small nod. "Yeah sure" I say, getting off of the sofa and following him back up the stairs. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation with Bad"

"It's fine, are you okay?" I ask as we walk into our bedroom, a cold breeze greeting me and making me shudder. "I wanted to hang out and talk, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages" he says as he sits himself back on the mess of sheets. I join him on the end of the bed but still keeping my distance. "I guess I've just been busy" I shrug, looking at my hands awkwardly placed on my lap.

"Well are you okay? You seem off and every time I wake up, you aren't here" It's not often that we have serious talks but as of lately it seems to be the only thing we do. "Like I said I've been busy" I say again. "Busy with what?" He asks. "Streaming, editing, work stuff" I say before I feel his hand grip my face to pull me to look at him. "Why won't you look at me?" He asks as he holds back his tears.

I shouldn't have followed him, it was a bad idea and now we actually have to talk. But isn't that what I wanted? Didn't I want to talk to them about us? The words are on the tip of my tongue as I choke back a sob. "Karl, what's going on with you?" He asks and I have to fight every bone in my body that tells me to give in and show him all my love and affection. A tear escapes from the water that's building up in my eyes. "Do you want me to get Sap?" He asks in a softer tone.

"Please don't leave me again" I croak out, quickly wiping away the water and looking away from him. "I'll message him okay? I'm not going anywhere" he reassures me as I take a deep breath. It's fine it'll all be fine. But what if it's not and everything goes completely south and they see me as selfish for not putting Quackity first and break up with me.

My breath hitches at the thought and I stand up from the bed. I really shouldn't be here, they don't need me to heal and they don't need me to burden them with my problems when there is bigger problems. The last thing I need to do is add to the ever growing pile of-

"Karl?" I snap out of my thoughts and look up to see Sapnap, body damp as he dries himself with a towel. "Babe can you pass me a hoodie?" He asks as he looks over at Quackity. I watch as he throws him one, looking down at my feet as he pulls the fabric over his head. "Quackity said it was an emergency, what's wrong?" He asks, concern laced in his voice.

Once again all I wanted to do was throw myself into him and let him hug me until all my problems went away. Instead I opted for throwing my back into the closest wall and hiding my face in my hands. "What's gotten you so worked up?" He asks and I let my legs give out as I shrink to the floor, tears spilling out as they please. "Karl god dammit talk to me" he snaps and silence fills the room once more.

"Maybe now isn't the time to get angry at him" Quackity chimes in. We both know how Sapnap has a temper and we try to steer clear of it as much as possible, but sometimes we're the only ones who can help him calm down. "Yeah well you're kind of my priority right now and I don't exactly have time for this" he says and my heart shatters on the spot.

And not for the last time, the room falls silent.