Chapter 62: Landing In Miami

George POV

I left my things with Dream in our hotel room since he wanted to stay and get some more sleep.

Everyone did so apart from me, Sapnap and Quackity.

We spent a while roaming the halls until we eventually found our way to the pool.

It was empty since anyone who was in the hotel were still asleep.

We didn't have any swimming clothes or toys since we still needed to unpack but they still jumped in.

I however, sat on the side with my feet in the pool.

"What do you think we will do first?" Sapnap asks as he takes his head out from under the water.

"I'm getting out it's freezing" Quackity complains and pulls himself up beside me.

"I don't know, I think we're all probably going to explore for a bit" I say with a shrug.

"Do you think Karl will be alright having his mum here too?" Sapnap asks.

"Honestly I think he's just going to try and ignore her, besides we aren't going to see them often anyway" I respond.

"True, besides Skeppy doesn't even have a mum so it's probably affecting him too" Quackity points out.

We carry on making small talk for a while, Sapnap finally getting out of the pool after shivering for so long.

I split off from them as they headed back to their room.

I wanted to explore some more and I also didn't trust myself in a room alone with Dream.

I leave the hotel through the back door which had a path that lead to a beach, the sun was rising and there was only a couple people to be seen.

I make my way over, stuffing my hands inside my hoodie and listening to the sound of the wind.

The air was cold but refreshing with surroundings I didn't recognise.

It gave me a feeling I remembered all too clearly.

The feeling of not knowing my surroundings, foreign sounds and unrecognisable places.

It made my stomach twist.

I take a seat on a bench, crossing my legs and hugging myself for warmth.

Every time I would convince myself that I've put the past behind me, memories would come flooding back in at the worst moments.

Being with my friends momentarily kept my mind distracted and Dream definitely kept me distracted.

Our game had just started and we both knew that everything was on the line here, and by everything I mean our friendship.

I was already struggling and the game had barely started.

It's been hardly 2 days and I've already resulted in avoiding him as much as possible.

I pull my phone out and call Tubbo, putting the phone to my ear.

After a few rings, he picks up.

"Hey! I'm leaving for school soon, are you in Miami?" He greets.

"Oh that's right, sorry I completely forgot it's Monday, yeah everyone's resting at the hotel, I wanted to see how you were doing"

"George you haven't even been gone a day yet, I'm okay honestly, I know this trip will be good for you" I could hear the genuine tone of his voice.

"I know I just worry about you, I miss you"

"I miss you too, I'm now leaving but call me in a few days okay? I want to know all the fun things you get up to!" He says as I hear background chatter from Tommy and Phil.

"Okay I will, have fun at school"

"Bye" I end the call and put my phone in my hoodie, standing from the bench and making my way back towards the hotel.

I knew I needed to sleep soon but with thoughts already clouding my mind it made it seem unrealistic.

I check the time on my phone as I step back inside the hotel.

It was currently 8:30am, I didn't expect us to do too much today since it was only our first day.

I take the lift back up to our floor, walking over to the door that was ours and opening it.

Dream sat awake on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey George" He greets.

"Why is there a double bed?" I ask, earning a laugh from the younger.

"It was cheaper to do it this way, besides our parents know we've all shared beds in the past anyway" I could see the teasing look in his eyes.

"Oh okay" I say, I had no energy to try and complain to him about it.

"Did you guys have fun?"

"Yeah we were at the pool for a while and then they left to go back to their room and I went to the beach" I say as I approach the bed, kicking my shoes off.

"Well the rest of us are going to go explore once everyone's awake if you want to come" He offers and I shake my head before getting into the bed.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod.

"Are you feeling alright? You don't seem like yourself" He puts his phone down to face me completely.

"I'll be fine, I'm just having one of those days, it'll pass" I sigh, giving him a small smile.

"I want to give you a hug-"

"Are you going to loose the game that quickly?" I raise my brow at him and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not making this game any easier for you, in fact I'll make it harder" He smirks, standing up from the bed.

"Harder you say?" I laugh and watch his face turn red.

"You'll regret that one Georgie" He says before taking some clothes with him into the shower.

Once I hear the water running I get more comfortable in the bed, sinking into the sheets and closing my eyes.

We can last 2 weeks on our own in a hotel room sharing a double bed.

Right?