Chapter 32: School Sucks

Karl POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off, I was knackered from being kept up so late from my parents arguing.

I roll out of my bed and head over to have a quick shower, checking the temperature before abandoning my clothes.

Today wasn't going to be like any other school day we had experienced, people were going to see George for the first time in a year.

Some would be friends or acquaintances but others would be mere strangers.

We were told by our parents and George's mum to keep an eye out for him, which of course we would've done anyway.

It was also Tubbo's first day at the school and since he was technically George's little brother now we were gonna look out for him too.

I step out of the shower and dry myself down, my mum had work until 7 tonight which meant I would have to deal with my dad when I got home.

I couldn't keep avoiding home, every time I did it just made him even madder, besides maybe he will be nice to me this time?

I put my colourful hoodie on along with my boxers and black jeans, grabbing my bag and making sure I had my things.

I quickly make up some food in the kitchen and toss it into my bag, grabbing a monster from the fridge and leaving before they woke up.

I see an incoming call from Clay and pick up.

"Hello? I just left my house" I say, looking both ways before crossing the road.

"Hey we're all at the school waiting at the gates for George and Tubbo, class starts in 15 minutes but the headteacher wants to talk to us" He says, I could hear faint chatter from the others.

"I won't be long, do you know when George is getting there?" I ask, walking a little quicker.

"His mum is dropping them off, so he shouldn't be long, hurry your ass up yeah?" I could hear the smirk on his face.

"Yeah yeah won't be long, bye" I end the call and out my phone in my pocket, opening my can of Monster ultra.

George POV

I sat in the back of my mum's car with Tubbo, both of us shattered as Tubbo couldn't sleep on his own.

At Schlatt's we would mostly share a bed, the only times we didn't was if I spent the night with Schlatt.

Tubbo wasn't good with being on his own but it was something we would have to work on considering his age.

Even in his tired state he was excited for school, my mum however looked paler than usual.

"I could always ask for you to have more time off, you don't have to go back now if you don't want to" she offers, she seemed more scared than I was.

"Mum we've been over this, it's best to get it over now, the longer I'm off school the more I'm avoiding the real life" I say, staring back out of the window.

"I know it's just- it was your teacher George, and I feel like a bad mother taking you back to the same school" I could hear a small sob come out of her mouth.

"He's in jail now, besides it wasn't like any of us knew. You're a good mum, anyone could tell you that" I faintly smile at her, seeing Tubbo put his hand on her shoulder.

"He spoke about you a lot, he really did miss you" I roll my eyes at Tubbo and my mum laughs.

"You both have my number, don't hesitate to call or text me at any point, whether you just want to message someone or want to come home okay?" She turns back to face us as she pulls up a little bit away from the gates.