Chapter 44: Kicked Out

Karl POV

I walk slowly to my house, my hands shaking slightly from the nerves of what I was walking into.

But being slow would only prolong the inevitable.

I grip my hand on the door handle and open it, slowly taking a step inside and looking around.

"Where the bloody hell have you been"

I look at the stairs and see my father walking down with a drink in one hand and my art in another.

"What are you doing with that?" I ask, looking at the drawing that George had made me over a year ago.

"I'm clearing your room out since you don't stay here no more" He throws the picture on the floor with a thud.

I rush over to pick it up, checking for any damages.

"So what you're kicking me out?" I ask as he stomps back up the stairs.

I look across from me and see a pile of my clothes, monster cans and other random things I knew came from my room.

"Dad?" I ask as I rush up the stairs and into my room, the only thing that remained was a stripped down bed.

"Take whatever and get out" He snaps, starting to dismantle my bed.

Tears were forming in my eyes as more panic settled into me.

"Mum won't be happy about this" I say, trying to find a way to beat him at his own game.

"Your mum already thinks you've moved out, told her I'd send your things to your new place" He chuckles, throwing pieces of the bed to the side.

"And what if I tell her what actually happened? Then what?" I ask, he stands up from the floor and slams my back into the wall, making me wince.

"Don't get cocky with me, I will make your life a hell of you try anything" He hisses, I was already in too deep to back out now.

"You already make my life a hell, I'll tell her, I'll tell her everything" I warn him, feeling a punch to my face.

"Let's make a deal, I'll give you some money until you get a job and in return we don't have to see each other" He demands, I could feel blood running from my nose and a bruise forming.

"Fine now get your dirty hands off of me" I say, pushing him off.

I grab the painting and put the monsters into my school bag, knowing there wasn't much else I could take.

I stuff some of my clothes into my bag and carry as much as I could in my arms, leaving the house.

I was crying and in pain, struggling to hold everything in my arms as I figure out what to do next.

I head into the woods and find my way back to the little den, all of my things barely able to fit inside.

I take my phone out and hover over George's contact.

I didn't want to ruin his time with Dream and instead find myself hovering over Sapnap's contact.

I turn my phone off and put it into my hoodie.

They wouldn't be mad if I just turned up right?

I gather my stuff into my arms once again and start walking to Nick's house.

I didn't want to be a burden but I needed someone right now.

After 10 minutes of walking and crying I find myself at his house, knocking on the door.

Was this a bad idea?

Maybe I should just stay in the den until we have the big sleepover tomorrow.

"Karl? I wasn't expecting you" Nick's dad Finn questions but steps to the side to let me in.

"Where is everyone?" I question as he closes the door behind us.

"They're all finishing up eating, are you okay? You're bleeding" He points out and tears fall again.

"I need to see Nick and Alex" I ask and he takes some of my stuff from me.

I follow him into the kitchen where the 3 of them sat, laughing and seemingly having a good time.

"Karl is here" His dad says, grabbing their attention.

"Karl what're you doing here? Why are you bleeding?" Sapnap asks as he rushes over to me, Alex doing the same.

"Can we go upstairs please?" I ask as Sapnap takes the rest of the stuff from me.

"Let's leave your things down here" He suggests, motioning for his father to place it all in the living room.

"Do you want any food Karl?" His mum Riley asks and I shake my head.

"Thank you for the offer though" I faintly smile, then feeling a hand grab mine and take me upstairs.

Once it's just the 3 of us in Sapnap's room I start crying again, wrapping my arms around Nick and feeling Quackity's hand rub my back.

"What happened?" Sapnap asks and I try to calm myself down.

"My dad kicked me out, I don't want to get into it too much right now" I say, trying to steady my breathing.

"You can spend the night here, Alex get him one of my hoodies"

I hear movement from Quackity as Sapnap takes me into the bathroom, helping me up onto the counter.

He dampens a towel and cleans my face up, rubbing my thigh at the same time to help my breathing.

"Everything will work out, I won't let anything bad happen to you" he reassures me, our eyes connecting for just a moment too long.

I look away as a blush appears on my face but feel a hand pull my head back, making me look into those eyes once more.

"I got a hoodie and your mum also came in with a sandwich just in case you got hungry" Quackity says as Sapnap helps me back down.

I take the hoodie and they both leave, letting me change in peace.

I leave the bathroom once I've changed and sit on Sapnap's bed, taking the plate with the sandwich on it and eating.

"So how're we sleeping tonight?" Quackity asks and Sapnap shrugs.

"I've slept with you both before so we can make it work"

"Oh yeah?" Quackity smirks making us both laugh.

"I mean not in that way but it could be" Sapnap smirks back, tinting my face pink and noticeably Quackity's too.

This would be an interesting night.