Chapter 23: Tubbo

Clay POV

We had all returned to our own homes for the night. George didn't want anyone to stay at his as Tubbo would be uncomfortable.

None of us even knew who this Tubbo kid was as George never mentioned someone else being involved.

The good news was that Schlatt was now arrested but I can't help but be angry at myself.

He was our English teacher and coach, the entire time we would sit in his classes and go to practise we had no idea he had George.

George was closer to us than we thought and we just had no idea. I wanted to know why it was George he took.

Schlatt worked in a school full of kids so why George? Was there a reason? Was it just because the opportunity came up?

I had so many questions but I wouldn't get any answers until George was ready to answer them. I think we all had to accept that.

Our mums had planned for us to stay at George's soon as they felt like it would be good for all of us to spend some time together.

While George spent today with Tubbo, the others were coming round mine. We had to take the opportunity while George wasn't with us to talk about him.

We needed to be on the same page with everything going on. It's an unusual situation and none of us have a clue how to go about it.

"Clay! Your friends are here, I'll send them up" My mum shouts up, I hear multiple footsteps making their way up the stairs.

My bedroom door opens and Nick, Alex and Karl walk in, taking a seat wherever they could after Alex shuts the door behind them.

"So- George is back" Nick says almost instantly, he was the most desperate out of all of us to have this conversation.

"Yeah- how are we all feeling about it?" I ask "I don't know- I think I still haven't fully registered it and- I just feel like I should be happier" Nick says, a small frown poking at his lips.

"I know what you mean, like we should be happy and celebrating that he's back and he's alive..." Karl trails off "We know he's been through some stuff, I guess we're just feeling guilty that it happened to him" Alex states.

"But we don't know what happened to him exactly, we just know it isn't good" I say, the conversation was getting easier.

"It's simple, we celebrate when George is ready to, even with what's happened to him he's still here, back home" Nick says with a smile.

"Yeah, we try and make him feel as normal as possible while still being a little cautious around him. He will talk to us when he's ready to" Karl says, a smile growing on his face too.

"What about this Tubbo kid? I mean he's Schlatts kid and we don't know what kind of relationship him and George have" Alex adds. "Well Tubbo seems to feel pretty safe with George, we will just have to see what they're like" I state.

"Hey- also uh- what about Zak and Darryl? I know we all kind of drifted apart after the argument but..they should know about George" Karl stammers. "Yeah they should, why don't you contact them and invite them to stay at George's for a few days?" I suggest, Karl's face lighting up.

"Okay I will! Be right back guys" he says as he gets up with his phone, heading over to the bathroom.

George's POV

Tubbo was currently asleep in my bed. I had given him one of my hoodies although it was way too big for him.

I was glad I managed to get him out of there. The only problem that we would soon get is Tubbo doesn't have a legal guardian.

But I already had plans for that. If I was of age then I would do it myself but since I'm not I was going to ask my mother to sign the paper to be Tubbo's legal guardian.

I wasn't worried about her saying no as I knew she was currently doing everything she possibly could to keep me happy.

Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful to have her but it feels like she's stepping on eggshells around me. Like she's afraid she will say or do the wrong thing.

I knew my friends would be staying over for a few nights which I still had mixed feelings about. I wanted to be around them but also too many people is a bit much for me, and I knew it would be too much for Tubbo.

While Tubbo slept the majority of the day I helped my mum set up downstairs. We had multiple air mattresses and regular mattresses that we placed over the living room floor.

My mum had told me about how she never uses the living room anymore, she always spent her free time in the kitchen.

That made the living room a perfect spot to set up multiple beds. We moved the sofas and tables to the walls to make space.

We managed to get 4 mattresses in, using the sofas as somewhere for someone to sleep as well.

We brought in blankets, quilts and pillows and dispersed them evenly until it was all set up.

Now I just had to hope Tubbo wouldn't freak out from having so many people here.