Chapter 118: Shut Up Idiot

Karl POV

I woke up on the sofa, still laying in George's arms as I carefully sit up. Last night was unexpected as I didn't plan on telling the others anything.

I wouldn't say I regret telling them though, it lifted a weight off my shoulders to know that they at least know what's going on. I'm mad at them but at the same time I want them to be able to heal- even if it's without me.

I stand up carefully to make my way into the kitchen to grab something to eat. Considering Dream was asleep I figured that Sapnap and Quackity just went to bed as usual.

As I open the fridge to get the milk my thoughts were correct as I see it full to the brim with bottles and cans. I make a bowl of cereal and eat it as the sun starts to shine through the windows.

I wanted to do something today although I wasn't sure what. I had made some new friends just like the others thanks to being a content creator and considered asking them if they were busy.

Even some people from school had started making videos and streaming, building up a similar platform to ours since we're associated with each other. Dream had even paid for a realm for us all to play on and was inviting more people to join occasionally.

I clean my bowl as well as the other cutlery and plates sitting on the side before putting them away and making my way to my office. I sit in my chair and start up the pc before bringing up my discord dms.

All I had to do was keep myself distracted from the mess of what remained of my life and hopefully it'll all sort itself out. I knew it was wishful thinking and would never happen, but it made me feel better.

Luckily when I logged into the DreamSMP there were a few people already on and down to hang out, I open the DSMP discord and join the VC that everyone had been sitting in.

Dream POV

I wake up to a bright light shining in my eyes as I squint awake. My whole body aches as I move slightly, feeling the weight of George on me as I do so, making him stir awake.

He grumbles as I rub my eyes and stretch my back, George reluctantly sits up. "Morning" I say as I stand. "Morning" He responds groggily. I make my way into the kitchen and grab 2 bowls. As I finish making the cereal, George walks in with the blanket wrapped around him.

"Where's Karl?" He asks before he sits down. "No idea, I'm guessing he's upstairs" I respond before passing him his cereal and spoon. "Did the others get back okay?" I nod before sitting down with him.

"They saw Karl with us and just asked if he was okay, I told them that we were watching a film and fell asleep. They put away the drinks into the fridge before going upstairs" I explain.

The table falls quiet as George seems to be thinking and eating at the same time. The silence wasn't uncomfortable but it was thick. I felt bad that all of this was going on and we didn't realise.

I wanted to help Karl but I also wanted to respect his wishes to stay out of it. I didn't like seeing him like that last night and I know George didn't either. "Dream?" I snap out of my thoughts and look up to George who was looking at me concerned.

"You're overthinking again" he says nonchalantly as he takes my now empty bowl along with his. "No I'm not" I sigh. "I'm worried about Karl too, but all we can do is keep an eye on the situation" He adds before taking my hand.

"I know but I can't help it, I feel bad" I shrug as he leads me through the house. "Karl needed someone to talk to, he chose us and he trusts us not to go blabbering to the others" He reminds me. "Now quit your whining and get ready to join my stream" He says, pushing me into my office before shutting the door behind me.

I don't get the chance to argue as I walk over to my setup and sit down on the chair. I boot up my pc before getting a call from George and answering it. "Okay I'm about to start up my stream, I'm just sorting the camera and audio" He says without a greeting.

I lean back into my chair, immediately regretting it as I hiss at the pain. Oh right. That was still there. "You good?" George asks as I hear fumbling with the camera from the other side. "Yeah- I just forgot about my back..it doesn't hurt as much as yesterday tho, just sore" I smile sheepishly even though he couldn't see me.

"Well if it makes you feel better my legs are killing me, still shaking slightly too but I took some paracetamol that I keep in my desk" He says. "Why do you have paracetamol in your desk?" I ask, confused. "For the same reason you have lube in yours" I can't help the wheeze that comes out of my mouth.

After a few minutes of George preparing for his stream, he had muted to greet chat. My mind wandered back to Karl but also to Quackity and Sapnap. It must've been hard to deal with, I don't even know how I'd feel if I had put George in a similar situation.

To know that while I was enjoying myself he was in pain and didn't use our safe words. It would terrify me. George has never given me a reason not to trust him and so I trust that he would use a safeword if he needed to.

"Dream say hi" I hear George say from my headset. "Hii" I smile as I click a few tabs to open George's chat. "Alright mods I want you to make a poll of what we should stream" He says. "Wait you didn't have a plan of what to stream?" I ask.

"No- but...we could do geoguessr, Minecraft, hypixel or dream smp" he lists off, making me laugh a little. "You do realise three of those things are minecraft" He scoffs at me and I watch his eyes roll as I look at his stream. "Thank you mods" he says and I watch the poll in chat. "I think dream smp is winning" George says and it's true, it's winning by a huge margin.

"I think it's because there's a lot of people on there at the moment" I say as I look at my twitch tab and see a lot of our friends streaming on there. "I guess we can go annoy them for a bit" George says as we both start opening Minecraft. "You mean you'll get annoyed when someone kills you and then beg for my protection?" I ask teasingly.

"Shut up idiot"