Chapter 22: Arrested

George POV
It had been a couple days since my doctors appointment and today was the day I go to the station to confirm my kidnapper.

I still hadn't told anyone the full story but they do know I was kidnapped and today they would see who by.

I was accompanied by my mum and my friends although I was still yet to ask where Zak, Darryl and my father were.

None of us were allowed in the same room with them, they would simply stand behind a window holding a number and I would say which one was guilty.

Simple enough right? Well that wasn't the case. I didn't even want to be in the same vicinity as Schlatt, let alone only one glass wall apart.

My friends and family weren't aloud to talk during the procedure, they were there for moral support and to see the man that would go behind bars.

We currently stood in the room, well they sat down on chairs behind me while I stood at the glass next to an officer.

There was no one in front of me as we waited for the suspects to walk in. As much as I wanted him in jail I really hoped he wasn't one of the people that walked in.

"Alright bring in the suspects" The officer beside me orders and I hear a door nearby open, people walking in with numbers.

My eyes immediately locked onto Schlatt's as he walked in. I couldn't look elsewhere so I had no idea how many others were in there.

The glass was blacked out so even though I could see him, he couldn't see me. It didn't make the situation anymore comfortable.

I could just picture him laughing at me, walking through the glass and grabbing me by the throat. I touched my neck to make sure his hands weren't there.

"Whenever your ready George" the officer states, looking between me and the suspects.

George crouched down, shielding his face as another bottle came flying in his direction. "I spoil you and this is how you THANK me? Your so ungrateful!" Schlatt spits, his words slurring. This was the third time this week glass was thrown at George, he was sure glass shards still remained in his skin.

"I swear if you try and leave one more time I will hunt you down and make you watch everyone you love suffer before I make you suffer" He holds a jagged piece of glass dangerously close to George's neck.

"George? Do you recognise any of these men?" The officer asks and I don't hesitate to answer. "Number 4, JSchlatt" I say, hearing gasps from the boys behind me as they clearly knew him too.

"Keep JSchlatt detained and let the others go, we're taking a drive to Schlatt's home just to confirm whether or not it was his place you stayed at" The officer announces now leading us out of the room.

"What...?" I ask, my voice croaking slightly "George it's okay, we're here every step of the way" Clay says, walking over by my side.

After the car journey we walk into what seems like an apartment connected to a shop. As we step inside I get the all too familiar smell of alcohol, instantly stepping outside.

"I cant- I-I just can't" I stutter, eyes wide. "George we can't arrest Schlatt until you confirm this is the place he kept you so we can find evidence" The officer reminds me.

I couldn't move, not until both my hands became occupied with someone else's. I look to both my sides and see my mum and Clay holding my hand in attempts to help me.

I have to admit it actually worked pretty well, even if it didn't stop my heart beating fast. We follow the officer further inside.

We go upstairs first, walking through the apartment door. It was exactly as I remember it except a lot messier.

I let go of their hands as I step the furthest inside. It was dead silent and it scared me. I was worried what Schlatt had done to him in the time I had been gone.

"TUBBO" I shout, searching the house frantically. I didn't care that they all looked at me weirdly. "TUBBO IT'S GEORGE, YOUR SAFE" I shout again, there was still nothing.

"Whose Tubbo?" The officer asks but I ignore his question, looking everywhere for him.

I open the cupboard in Schlatt's room to reveal Tubbo, shaking as he shielded himself.

"Tubbo, hey- hey it's George, your okay" I say, gently putting my hand out to him. "G-Gogy?" He immediately puts his arms around me and I pick him up.

"He's gone, I told you I would get us out of here Didn't I?" I held him on my hip as he hid his head in my shoulder.

"Arrest JSchlatt, we've got the location, send officers to gather evidence. We also have another Kid here" the officer calls in.

"There's also a basement under the shop, he uses it as a strip club that he invites his friends to" I inform them, then walking Tubbo out of there.

"You never told us there was another kid involved" Karl comes up to me "For the same reason I had to protect me, I had to protect him" I simply respond.

"Tubbo will be staying with me" I say, getting into the police car with Tubbo still sobbing on my hip, not letting go.

"Doesn't he have like parents to go home to?" My mum asks me and I shake my head. "Schlatt is his dad, but he's only been staying with him for 5 months because his mum died"

The car falls silent, the only sound coming from Tubbo although he eventually fell asleep on me.

I gave a statement on Tubbo's behalf. He hadn't been sexually assaulted but his was abused, I prevented as much of it as I could.

I knew I was going to have to explain myself further once again, but at least I knew Tubbo was now safe.