Chapter 24

La la la :) Hello my lovely people :D

Today it was super sunny at school today! I told everyone it smelled like summer, but they didn't believe me.. they said it smelled like spring! I mean seriously, sun = summer :D

Moving on :)

This is dedicated to CountDownToHell, because it's her birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a supertastic day :)

Edited by my lovely, amazing editor: ThumbsDWN

P.S. To my friends reading this (I know you are... :P), IT SMELLS LIKE SUMMER :D

ENJOY <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent P.O.V.

"Sorry?" my dad asked, confused.

"I'm chan-" I was interrupted when something inside me snapped. I shouted out, and fell off of my chair and onto the floor, barely able to breathe.

"Brent, are you alright?" he asked, jumping up.

"No, I'm perfect." I growled. How I still managed sarcasm when something was breaking every bone inside me was beyond me.

That thought was cut off as something popped on my side. It took me a moment to realize that my shoulder must have dislocated, but then the pain hit me full on. I howled as I thrashed around on the floor, my arm useless and limp beside me.

"Raine!" my dad shouted as he ran to the door, finally realizing what was going on. Spasms shot up my body every second from different parts, leaving me panting on the ground, sweat dripping into my eyes, which remained open.

I recognized my mother's light footsteps as she ran into the room, my father close behind her. She fell to my side, and I saw the sadness in her eyes. But more than anything, there was sympathy. She had experienced the same pain that I was feeling now.

The merciless pain.

"My poor baby." she said softly, stroking the wet hair out of my eyes. I stared into her warm, brown eyes, that had always managed to make the pain go away. Something told me though, that this time, even she couldn't help me.

"We have to get him out into the forest." my dad said, authority creeping into his voice again.

My mother nodded. "Get some of the boys here, so they can help him. He shouldn't be alone."

"No."

"Wha-" my mother started, looking up at him in horror, but she was interrupted by my yell. I had just felt a bone break in my chest, presumably a rib. Maybe I had learned something in all those Biology lessons, because I had no idea where that information had come from.

"We have to move him now, Raine." my dad said urgently. He stepped closer, and laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She gave a sigh to show she was giving in. "Alright."

Getting up, she gently coaxed my legs out from their fetal position. I gritted my teeth, knowing this was going to be absolute torture. My dad slid his hands under my arms, and on the count of three, they picked me up on either side.

The pain was excruciating.

The whole time they carried me outside, I was tossing in their grips. My shoulder felt like it was in flames. My chest was contracting with every uneven breath to bring more pain from my broken rib. I shouted and screamed until my voice faded and I had to endure the torture in silence, no more words coming out of my mouth.