Chapter 10

Hellooooo everyone :D

My holidays end on monday, so after tomorrow I'm going to be getting all this random homework and such, so I won't have enough time to write most days. So, I'm trying to upload as much as I can before :D

Also, another note :D

Loads of people on Wattpad put up pictures of what they think their characters should look like. But, I don't like that, and try to look away if possible. This is because I like to make up my own characters in my head, and when I see a picture, it kinda destroys it. EX: You picture what you think a 'hot' guy looks like, and the picture could have something totally different, which messes up the character's image for you! (my opinion) So, there are never going to be any pictures - just if you were wondering. YOU decide what they look like! ;)

ENJOY <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent P.O.V.

"Enough."

My eyes widened in shock as I saw a familiar figure push his way through the crowd, his face hardened with anger. He reached the girl and pulled the dog off of her, snapping a collar around his neck. The dog whined as he was dragged away and then tied to the legs to the picnic table, where he strained against the rope, his eyes still fixed on his victim, blood dripping from his mouth.

The boy knelt down beside the human, and listened to her ragged breathing. He ran his hand through his messy, blond hair, and then his face turned resolved. To all our astonishment, he scooped her up carefully in his arms and started walking away.

I recovered and stepped out of the shadows, shaking with anger.

"Wes, what do you think you're doing." I growled at him, making him stop in his tracks. He turned around, and met my glare head on.

"You went too far, Brent, and you know it." he snapped, still cradling her limp body.

I snarled at him. "You had no right to interfere."

"A few more seconds would have killed her. Do you want that to happen?" he replied, his eyes looking over her bloodied face with an expression I couldn't decipher.

All of a sudden I felt something wrench in my gut. Did I want her dead? No, of course not. The thought of her never breathing again struck a nerve deep inside of me, but I forced my thoughts away.

"We would have controlled the situation soon enough." I said after a small pause, but the lie hung in the air, and I was sure no one believed me.

Wes raised his eyebrows at me. "And by that time it would have been too late."

I sighed and shook my head. "Who's side are you on, Wes? The human's, or the pack's?"

The question surprised him, and his eyes widened in shock. "Of course it's to the pack. But I couldn't watch her suffer. It wasn't fair. She had never done anything to us. She was innocent." Then, he did something that made all of us gasp - he kissed her on the forehead, his light grey eyes softening.

The second his lips touched her skin, something inside me snapped.

No one touched her.

In a split-second I was standing right in front of Wes, my whole body trembling with fury. Wes looked up from her face, shocked at how close I suddenly was.

"Get your hands off of her." I said coldly, each word tipped with venom.

"Sorry?" he asked, tightening his grip on her body, and she whimpered softly. Both our heads snapped down to look at her, concerned. But the second passed, and soon we were growling at each other again.